Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Equinox Festival - September 16th - 18th 2016

edwinchester

New festival in Lincolnshire to replace the old Alchemy Festival

Equinox Festival

Equinox Festival is a magical, musical medley of performance, art and interaction for all, set in the Lincolnshire Wolds.
We’re not corporate or greedy!
We want you to come and enjoy an event you can afford.
We're non commercial and proud of it !

RDF
The Defekters
Dub The Earth
Ed Tangent

etc

quick note for anyone who had Alchemy tickets - Paypal will refund if you claim within 180 days of ordering them originally, which if you bought early bird tickets in October means call them now. 0800 358 7911, and have the receipt handy.

quick note for anyone who had Alchemy tickets - Paypal will refund if you claim within 180 days of ordering them originally, which if you bought early bird tickets in October means call them now. 0800 358 7911, and have the receipt handy.

Apparently they're doing it outside the 180 days if you ask. Not confirmed but shy bairns get nowt

New Crowdfunding campaign

The old Alchemy Festival crew had been left in a difficult situation and have come together to continue with what we all believe is a beautiful thing.

Where else do all the the tribes come together and celebrate? Didn't we put on the best party in the universe??!

We have received no money at all from any previous 2016 ticket sales to Alchemy Festival Ltd....indeed, we didn't even get paid for our months of hardwork last year when Alchemy 'disappeared', leaving families in personal financial difficulty, as well as those who had bought tickets to an event that no longer existed, out of pocket and without the festival that was for many, the highlight of their year.

The crew have now founded a new, not for profit company of their own, Medieval Chemistry Ltd, and started their own festival under the name of Equinox-we have traditionally always gathered as close to the Autumn Equinox as possible.

Equinox Festival Fundraising

The location for Equinox has been confirmed and it's on the original site! Very happy Ed here - I've always loved that site :D

Up to date lineup

Buff
Cracked Actors
Buffos Wake
Damidge
The Defekters
Head Games
Doozer McDooze
AOS3
Kilnaboy
Dub the Earth
Easydread
John Player Specials
Ed Tangent Sunrise
RDF
Scum of Toytown
One Eyed God
Funke and the Two Tone Baby
Reality Attack
Regime
The Skraelings
Solebound
Inner Terrestrials
Althea Sound
Tarantism
Back to the Planet
The Sporadics
rv
Firepit Collective
Extra Spectrum
False Identity
Infernal Machines
Key Lo
Kwah
Magiclantern
P.A.I.N
Quercus Burlesque
Skiprat
Tea Tree
Vegetable Collective

Last edited:
In theory yes, at least 10 (more?) unmissables on that list for me.

In practical reality though, I can't make it this year.

Glad to see though that the dates, which earlier this year briefly seemed to be overlapping with Gail's Something Else In the Dean, have reverted to traditional Alchemyesque dates.

Maybe next year :cool: :)

Yay! Licence granted for the festival to go ahead back on its home site.

I think that's all the t's crossed, i's dotted, hoops jumped through and hurdles over for the crew running this. Good work guys! :D :thumbs:

I had the pleasure of meeting Funke and the Two Tone Baby at a festival this year and what a lovely young man he is, music is good too.

Would definitely be up for working it if I wasn't otherwise engaged having a baby this year.

Hope it goes well

Back
Top Bottom