Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entirely unashamed anti car propaganda, and the more the better.

Oh come on, that is hideous. It looks like the designers haven’t got a clue what the purpose is of what they’re making, and so have been left with an ugly, boxy, bulbous SUV aesthetic but the lack of practicality of a sports coupe silhouette. Completely pointless and just makes the occupants into a laughing stock.
Well, obviously this is incorrect.

Well, obviously this is incorrect.
The problem with that Porsche - and it’s a problem most manufactures face - is their insistence that the front/grill/intakes area always follows the brand style. With Porsche it’s the headlight shape, BMW have the kidneys etc, and those elements have to be incorporated no matter what the rest of the car looks like. If they just stick to a badge and let the designers have more of a free reign we’d see much more variety and pleasing designs.

The problem with that Porsche - and it’s a problem most manufactures face - is their insistence that the front/grill/intakes area always follows the brand style. With Porsche it’s the headlight shape, BMW have the kidneys etc, and those elements have to be incorporated no matter what the rest of the car looks like. If they just stick to a badge and let the designers have more of a free reign we’d see much more variety and pleasing designs.
That’s pretty much the case with all makes now. In the case of Porsche, I think it’s a good thing. You can see exactly why it’s that shape and the lines hark back to the 911.

Do you like the shape of ANY suv?

That’s pretty much the case with all makes now. In the case of Porsche, I think it’s a good thing. You can see exactly why it’s that shape and the lines hark back to the 911.

So when you’re doing the school run you can pretend you actually have a more interesting life?

I get the idea of having a nice car, comfy interior etc. I just don’t understand people that pay £20 or £30k more for the “performance” variants that you’re never going to be able to use.

What’s the point of buying say an M4, over a standard base model 4 series? It does literally nothing better on a public road. And if you want to drive on a track, just go buy something small and light that only has 2 seats as a weekend toy with the money you’ve saved, and you’ll have far more fun anyway.

I get the idea of having a nice car, comfy interior etc. I just don’t understand people that pay £20 or £30k more for the “performance” variants that you’re never going to be able to use.

What’s the point of buying say an M4, over a standard base model 4 series? It does literally nothing better on a public road. And if you want to drive on a track, just go buy something small and light that only has 2 seats as a weekend toy with the money you’ve saved, and you’ll have far more fun anyway.

Because you're a wanker wannabe coke dealer?

Still, plenty of wankers in the world, it's not illegal.

Do you like the shape of ANY suv?
No, I like cars that come from the Colin Chapman / Gordon Murray school of thought when it comes to design - small, light, agile etc.

Well you could apply the same argument to pretty much any tech from smartphones to fridge freezers, couldn't you? There's a thread on here somewhere where people are spending thousands of pounds on pushbikes! Now that's fucking weird.

Well you could apply the same argument to pretty much any tech from smartphones to fridge freezers, couldn't you? There's a thread on here somewhere where people are spending thousands of pounds on pushbikes! Now that's fucking weird.
I’m not sure the tech comparison is directly comparable though. While a top end MacBook is overkill for most, there are people who genuinely have the need for all that processing power and use them to that potential. But literally nobody needs a road car that can do 180mph.

As for top end bikes - they’re still limited by the lump sat on it, so not comparable. It’s a status symbol, yes, but is no more dangerous than any other bicycle.

Why not build luxury cars with all the toys and flash interior you want, but limit them to 70mph?

Back
Top Bottom