Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Entering a discussion to close it down

Call me mystic meg but I don't see this thread going well.

I've been reading not posting on that other thread. FWIW you weren't being criticized for what you actually did. more it was like a yeah, well this is what women have to face all the time, fear / threat in those situations Exasperation not a, "you did it all wrong," sorta thing. From the initial response anyway. And I think you just took point personally where it was broader in scope.

Was my reading anyway.

Call me mystic meg but I don't see this thread going well.

I've been reading not posting on that other thread. FWIW you weren't being criticized for what you actually did. more it was like a yeah, well this is what women have to face all the time, fear / threat in those situations Exasperation not a, "you did it all wrong," sorta thing. From the initial response anyway. And I think you just took point personally where it was broader in scope.

Was my reading anyway.
Yes. But I was responding to the OP (who didn't complain) and not other people's ideologies. It's fucking nuts this place. I couldn't even begin to explain it to anyone else.

Totally unaware of the history of this, but can’t disagree with the conclusion.

It’s like when you’re 13 seasons into a TV series, sharks have been jumped, but you just have to see how it ends.
I may flounce. Hard to conquer a 20 year standing addiction though. But it's just a mad bubble with little actual relevance anywhere.

Yes. But I was responding to the OP (who didn't complain) and not other people's ideologies. It's fucking nuts this place. I couldn't even begin to explain it to anyone else.

Ah come on :D. I know you don't want threads where the only valid responces are ones replying to the OP. Story was robust, sure, but that's just how it goes. Again, I don't think she was saying you did this all wrong. More like. Yeah, well, that fear is what women have to put up with etc, etc. As I say exasperation, at the situation not what you did.

I know, easy for me to say maybe, I wasn't on the end of their reply but seems pretty clear that was their general point.

It is the eternal war of all against all. Fleeting alliances and more permanent enmities pervade all discussion. Threads ostensibly about eg Brixton are suffused with arguments and bitter disputes often nothing to do with the matter at hand. It is the conan story red nails on a bulletin board

E2a The Project Gutenberg eBook of Red Nails, by Robert E. Howard

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom