Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England supporters, who is going to be your second team and why?

J Ed

Follow Back Pro Expropriation
For me it's Spain, probably just because apart from England I know the players better than any other team. Also would like to see Panama do well.

Would love to see it come together for Argentina tbh. But the defence is likely not good enough. Obviously will be cheering Iceland, in fact all the underdogs like Peru and Iran

If Ireland had qualified it would have been them, so instead I'm going for Denmark who were impressive when they beat them in the play-off 5-1. Also my mrs drew them in her works sweepstake.
Same here - Denmark, due to family allegiance.
The in laws have high hopes for them.
Fairly solid defence, but the squad weakens going through midfield (Erikson stands alone here) and a very ropey attack.
Quater-final at a push.

Peru - I seem to remember them dumping Scotland out in 1978 and it's been ages since they've been back (Peru that is..:p). Plus they've got Machu Pichu...nice.

Colombia - It was awful when Andres Escobar was murdered that time because he was blamed for them going out in 1994 due to scoring an own goal. And they've lived under the tyranny of drug-lords for decades.

Put another £2.50 into the sweep at work. Got Sweden. So that's Senegal and Sweden: a fiver well spent. :cool:

Other than that I always like watching South American football so I hope Argentina do well too. I think Brazil will win it.

Hope Suarez is playing well too. I miss seeing that mad bastard play regularly.

Peru - I seem to remember them dumping Scotland out in 1978 and it's been ages since they've been back (Peru that is..:p). Plus they've got Machu Pichu...nice.

Yeah, pretty much this, as mentioned Welcome to the World Cup 2018 forum! there.

I've been there, spent a month travelling around, love the people, the places, the festivals, the mountains etc. They won't do any good but it's probably the one country I know that I can genuinely get behind.

Yeah, pretty much this, as mentioned Welcome to the World Cup 2018 forum! there.

I've been there, spent a month travelling around, love the people, the places, the festivals, the mountains etc. They won't do any good but it's probably the one country I know that I can genuinely get behind.
Beat Uruguay in qualifying, two draws with Argentina, decent group. They're a decent bet for the semis.

Morocco, cos my housemate is Moroccan. And they're an interesting underdog. And they've just lost the bid for the 2026 world cup, the lucky fuckers :D

and Colombia cos I love their pasion, they got shafted by Brazil last time and I have high hopes for them!

Costa Rica. Saw them play Italy in Recife, BraZil 2014

Cracking wee country great surfing and has a nice flag. That's about all my football knowledge extends to

Back
Top Bottom