Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ebay sales notices not coming into my hotmail

trevhagl

Famous author , company CEO
i haven't changed anything yet no sales notices are coming through yet i have sales on my ebay account? Been in and checked its still set up for notices?

Get Gmail. Can’t believe people still use Hotmail. It’s the Ask Jeeves of email clients. I guess it at least isn’t Yahoo.
Difficult if you've been using it for a couple of decades though. You will lose contacts one way or another.

Difficult if you've been using it for a couple of decades though. You will lose contacts one way or another.
That’s usually a good thing. No more junk mail!
You could easily save your valued contacts anyway. It’s wise to have a written copy of them anyway, considering the precarious nature of email and the potential loss of access to them.

Cost/benefit.

Trev uses it for business so it may be worth paying someone a few quid to make it less painful.

Millions of people have done it.

It is a ballache though, yes. As is any change to a service which has idiosyncrasies you’ve adapted to over the years.

Cost/benefit.

Trev uses it for business so it may be worth paying someone a few quid to make it less painful.

Millions of people have done it.
Is it worth it when your target audience is a bunch of geriatrics listening to music from half a century ago who are probably still stuck with Hotmail and Yahoo themselves? My mum (in her 80s) still uses Yahoo and I keep telling her she should have Gmail, but it works for her, she wants to read and reply to emails and it does that.

Is it worth it when your target audience is a bunch of geriatrics listening to music from half a century ago who are probably still stuck with Hotmail and Yahoo themselves? My mum (in her 80s) still uses Yahoo and I keep telling her she should have Gmail, but it works for her, she wants to read and reply to emails and it does that.

Considering the problems that trev seems to encounter then I would say yes. It is worth it.

/fin.

got the hotmail on all my sites i use so it would be too much hassle, you are right that it's shit though . Its working again now thankfully

Back
Top Bottom