Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet vs Braintree Town, Sat 6th Aug 2022 - opening game of the season!

Far from perfect, but considering the amount of new faces in the team there was a lot to like from the game. Highlights were the performances of Felix (who was particularly excellent) and Blackman who had one of his best games I've seen, but more quality, energy and spirit overall than we saw most of last year. Looking forward to seeing Clarke's goal properly.

Really enjoyed that. My house move has been delayed so I've managed to sneak in a final (probably) match. I thought we played much better football than last season and it was great to see Wood getting forward from his position as a left centre back. It reminded me of the way that we used Chambers a few years ago.

The new signings slotted in well. I thought Krasniqi looked class and Felix worked his socks off. I liked the look of Raymond in midfield who reminded me of both Ben Chapman and Jordan Higgs - let's hope he doesn't end up playing out of position at right back!

Clarke's goal was a brilliant moment and it came as I was starting to accept that the match was fizzling out. Overall today was a really fun day out in the sun and bodes well for the season ahead.

I’ll be posting tomorrow regarding violence suffered by a Braintree fan from the security.
Hi EDC,

Obviously I cannot stop you from posting as is your right, but as a club we are aware of the situation and I was in fact sent footage regarding the above privately to one of our social media accounts today, which has been forwarded on to the chairman, secretary and general manager.

Our general manager is also going to be looking through the CCTV tomorrow, taking statements from the Security company and also getting information from the workers at the car wash who were in the vicinity, as they are independent from the club, Braintree and security company it will be valuable to our investigation. Please be assured we are taking the complaint from Braintree extremely seriously, if you have any footage yourself I would ask not to share it, but again I cannot control that.

Thanks,

Tom

Really enjoyed the whole experience yesterday. Is there anywhere better than Champion Hill when the team is winning and the sun is shining?!

Having attended a few of the preseason games, I think our squad looks very well balanced and seems to have quality running throughout. Will Wood looks like a great addition to a well settled defence, and early impressions suggest that Gavin has added a lot of very capable options in the centre of midfield.

Looking forward to seeing what this group of players can do this season.

Yes very enjoyable day. Good contest and probably a draw would have been fair . Overall we look more solid shape with less free runs at our back 4 with Raymond covering a lot of ground in front of them. For me the pluses were . Good front 2 combination with Porter staying closer to Mills. Last season our front 3 were all good induvidually but didnt really combine effectively particularly in 2nd half . Wood has an excellent game and it was a good decision to sign up the 2 trialists in the last week. Felix did the work of 2 on the right like he did against us for Billericay last year and Clarke has that bit of extra quality that can and did turn a game. Overall a very enjoyable afternoon in the sun !

Having missed all of preseason, I was looking forward to this. What a great afternoon. A perfect size crowd, and a very decent performance from a largely new team, and a result. Joe Felix, on the right wing, definitely caught my eye. Great work rate, movement with some lovely touches and crosses. Cracking player.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom