Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dulwich Hamlet v Erith & Belvedere - Pre-Season Friendly, Sat 22nd July 2023

I thought Jeffrey was a real threat in the first half, both in and out of possession. He’s a great presser, and his high work rate caused the turnover which lead to his goal. He’s so quick and agile over the first five to ten yards that he’s got that ability to just do defenders for pace, both centrally and wide. He also seems to be comfortable on either foot.

Interesting game. The number of trailists seems to be thinning out now, and there's a much clearer '16 plus 8 side salad' shape emerging, I think.

Agree with Al Cunningham that trialists 4 & 20 looked very good in the first half. I thought Dickson put our backline under a bit more pressure than I would have liked though so more work to be done on the training pitch over the next fortnight.

Romain definitely adds a cutting edge which is a relief. He worked hard and made a nuisance of himself for the first 45 mins and I would imagine that if we keep him fit he'll be our main source of goals this season.

Thought we shot ourselves in the foot in the second half by playing MIlls and Clifton up front together. They're both very good (and it's nice to see Mills moving a lot more freely than he was towards the back end of last season) but both want to hold the ball up or win flick ons so I just thought we blunted our own attacking threat. I quite like the look of the trialist striker that's played in all our games so far and he's got more of a Romain-type profile - I would've thought he'd be a better partner for Mills or Clifton, and, longer-term, a useful backup for Romain. I think if we play two up front then 4 strikers is sensible.

By contrast, I'm really not sold on the headband trialist - a lot of our attacking moves seem to fall apart when the ball gets to him. The fact that he played the second half today though implies that HH likes him.

Agree with others that Scott looked very good. Never went missing and wanted to get on the ball all the time. Very mature performance from a young player in absolutely horrendous weather conditions!

Back
Top Bottom