Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dublin - news, discussion and tips for travellers

Given that you're going to be there in late June, there will also be championship gaelic football or hurling games on in Croke Park that weekend. I would strongly suggest that you try and take in a match. Usually only the finals sell out, so you should be able to get tickets when you arrive. As a rugby supporter there will also be opportunities to see some games there while Leinster's ground is under reconstruction, but watching the counties at HQ is the real thing.
I reckon there would be interest among our group for that. Will add to the list - thanks!

I really want to visit Dublin as - weirdly - I've never been to Ireland. Any urbz in town to show me what's what?
Always amazes me, considering the two countries are next door, how many people just don't visit. Not having a go, btw, just an observation :)

You should visit. You'll have a great time if you do. There's a nice little photography gallery/museum in Temple Bar, and the Chester Beatty Library up the road in Dublin Castle that might interest you.

Always amazes me, considering the two countries are next door, how many people just don't visit. Not having a go, btw, just an observation :)

You should visit. You'll have a great time if you do. There's a nice little photography gallery/museum in Temple Bar, and the Chester Beatty Library up the road in Dublin Castle that might interest you.
I've nearly visited so many times but things always seemed to get in the way

1-2-3-4, Inchicore knows the score

Tldr?

Time Out reckons that the D8 neighbourhood is rather a "vibey, walkable district". So there you go - if the likes of Stoneybatter and Smithfield doesn't light your fire, just hop on the bus to the world's 25th most excellent hot spot.

Thx k-a-h , heard this on the wireless this morning on the way to work and thought that it would be ideal post here .....

I lived in Dublin for years, and cant say I was impressed with Inchicore .... but that was years ago , so maybe its improved since then. Kilmainham Gaol is there ... thats all I remember

I never used to go west of Ha’penny bridge (apart from when I did a summer job at Semperit, cleaning tyre dust, grim af).

But my brother and his fam moved to Stoneybatter and it’s not bad. Couple of trendy pubs and street food joints so can see why it’s considered “cool”.

My parents moved there last year so it’s even cooler now.

Thx k-a-h , heard this on the wireless this morning on the way to work and thought that it would be ideal post here .....

I lived in Dublin for years, and cant say I was impressed with Inchicore .... but that was years ago , so maybe its improved since then. Kilmainham Gaol is there ... thats all I remember

Couldn't tell you what it's like or if it compares to the hype. Haven't been round that way in maybe 25 years, iirc. Think I used to bud around with someone from there but the memory is foggy.

Back
Top Bottom