Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dry cleaning disaster

ShiftyBagLady

Thinks she is a flower to be looked at
I put my newly bought and well loved coat in to be dry cleaned and when I got it out of the bag (at home, not at shop :facepalm:) I see that the buckles on it are completely fucked. They are all tattered and shitty looking, they're not detachable so the whole coat is fucking ruined. I am fuming.
So who do I shout at first?
The dry cleaners because they fucked it up or the company who made it for poor quality finishings. It wasn't cheap and expect more than a month's wear out of it.
:mad:

Dry cleaners should cover up buckles with foil to prevent them being damaged. Take it back to the dry cleaners and demand compentation

Label says dry clean only, I don't ordinarily bother but I do really like this coat :(

Is that what they're supposed to do? I'll go back tomorrow.

ShiftyBagLady said:
Is that what they're supposed to do? I'll go back tomorrow.

Yeah if there are metal buttons they should be covered in case they react to the solvent (I used to work at a dry cleaners)

D'you know what, i thought they were made of metal but they look all frayed and cardboard-ish (this is partly why I was going to complain to the shop where I bought it). I don't know what the fuck has happened to it but the damage is glaringly obvious and I can't believe they just handed it over. Bastards.
I know I should have checked it in the shop but I was in a hurry.

Dry cleaners are bastards who refused to do anything about it and refused to give me compensation. Was going to write to the owner as he wasn't in the shop but I took the coat to the shop where I bought it and they gave me a nice new replacement one. I didn't even have to get cross.
That's how it should be; customer is always right.

Back
Top Bottom