Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Drumz Of The South: The Dubstep Years (2004-2007)

drumzofthesouth

Hi!
I am a photographer originally from South London. From 2004 onwards I documented South London's then burgeoning Dubstep scene and community. Many of my photos were taken at a night called DMZ, at Mass and 3rd Base at St Matthew's church. Most of the artists involved were from Norwood, Croydon and Streatham. I had a blog called Drumz Of The South that I used as a way to communicate what was going on, and as a place to post my photos.
17 years since I started that blog, I am self-publishing a photobook - Drumz Of The South: The Dubstep Years (2004-2007). I am currently crowdfunding to print 1000 copies of the book. It's going well, but still a but to raise. I figured some of you might be interested in this. It's very much a story of South London, as well as wider music and culture. :)

It's nice to be on here talking about this because forums were a big part of my life back when I was doing this stuff :)

Georgina

I think I was there the following year b'day party @ dmz. I remember opening the door and it was like England had won the world cup.
Great pic.
f2933bd8e384dfdb4eeb01fa385d1c7a_original.jpg

Back
Top Bottom