Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Question Downloading Spotify playlists as MP3 files?

editor

hiraethified
Some time ago I bought a Reloop DJ mixer as it allowed me to stream Spotify tracks. And the fuckers took away that facility so I'm left with a pup.

The only way I can use Spotify tracks now is to download them as MP3 files but things seem a little murky if you use programs like Noteburner as it seems some users get their Spotify accounts suspended.

Anyone got any ideas/tips/suggestions please? I'm really getting fed up lugging zillions of CDs about.

It looks like reloop still work with other platforms like Tidal, Soundcloud, Beatport etc.

There also seem to be no end of migration tools, at least for converting Spotify playlists to Tidal accounts.

Obviously, this would require having an additional Tidal account but if its for regular gigs it might be worth it in the long run. You may also wish to just use Tidal and ditch Spotify altogether once you've migrated if it does the same job with the added DJ function?

*I've thought about doing this myself when the time comes, but I'm yet to revive my DJ career to the point of doing fully digital.

Download Deemix

Link your Spotify account to Deemix, and it'll allow you to paste a Spotify playlist link and will try to download it in decent quality from Deezer.

Deezer has about 95% of the stuff I've tried so far - not bad.

Deemix is trust worthy enough, and Deezer is a legitimate music streaming service. Spotify won't care about you doing this as you're ripping off Deezer, not Spotify.

Back
Top Bottom