Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Do not read this thread if you like strawberries. Seriously.

Meh. Why do you think they suggest washing fruit and veg?

Spoiler alert!

It's not actually because of microscopic mites. It's cos of the risk of deadly bum bacteria 👍 or parasites

If you've eaten loads of strawberries and you're not dead yet...what's the issue?

Just eat strawberries that don't have mite infestations. As long as you buy pesticide-doused ones from supermarkets that don't look rank you'll be fine.

So long as the organisms in question are not visible to the naked eye, I don’t find that video even remotely unpleasant, let alone putting me off eating them. If they were harmful to us, we would have found out as a species a very long time ago.

Most things we come in contact with or even eat are likely to show a range of creepy crawlies if observed under a microscope that was powerful enough. From fresh fruit and vegetables to the rim/ inside of the supposedly clean pint glass in your cupboard you grab to pour a can of beer into.

Can’t give much of a fuck myself so long as I can see them with the naked eye, frankly.

I've seen this video pop up so many times.
The way IFLS pushes the article makes it look like the seeds are not seeds but bugs, which isn't true.
Probably most of your fruit has some microscopic bugs on it, even stuff with loads of pesticides used on it if it's been sitting in your fruit bowl for a few days.

Not watched the video yet but i can believe there are small microscopic bugs on strawberrys. If i can't see them with the naked eye then i'm not going to worry about it.

What i don't believe is 'barleymow's viscous lies about microscopic spiders living on my face :mad:

Not watched the video yet but i can believe there are small microscopic bugs on strawberrys. If i can't see them with the naked eye then i'm not going to worry about it.

What i don't believe is 'barleymow's viscous lies about microscopic spiders living on my face :mad:
Believe it, I've got them (rosacea). I have to nuke the little bastards with antibiotic gel twice a day.

<cough>

What is the spiders that live on your face?

Demodex is a genus of microscopic mites that live in human hair follicles. The tiny creatures are arachnids, cousins of spiders and ticks. Almost everyone has Demodex mites living on their skin and in their pores, particularly their: Cheeks.

Meet The Mites That Live On Your Face - NPR

They're known as Demodex or eyelash mites, and just about every adult human alive has a population living on them. The mostly transparent critters are too small to see with the naked eye. At about 0.3 millimeters long, it would would take about five adult face mites laid end to end to stretch across the head of a pin.

Back
Top Bottom