Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Help Display problem

trevhagl

Famous author , company CEO
The top and bottom edges are now half missing off my display , i have a Samsung monitor which is the biggest heap of shit i have ever owned, and it must be something to do with fiddling with the hamfisted buttons trying to get the display on at all , any idea how to get it back to normal display?

Is there a menu button in the bottom right? press that and see if a display pops up. it should be something like Settings or Management

yes they always seem to be confusing because the menu isn't obvious but they do seem to say what each of the buttons is for above them on the screen display.

• Haha
Reactions: bmd
thanks all, there's a button on back that brings up display , and you think you can solve it cos it has a scale on it , you adjust that and all it does is change where the display menu is on the screen, utterly useless

If possible can you plug another monitor in to check whether hard or software problem.
There's a button on the back, there might be some more underneath round the side of the bevels or wherever. You must find those and then experiment with how the menus work.
Google the manual

Is it Windows? Your computer? Has it helpfully updated your display drivers? Do you know how to check?
well i got the driver downloads from the tech company i bought it off. how do you check the display drivers are working correctly? I hardly dare mess with it now i have got the text at least readable . It's Windows 11, as for model of monitor who knows, doesn't appear to be one on it

If possible can you plug another monitor in to check whether hard or software problem.
There's a button on the back, there might be some more underneath round the side of the bevels or wherever. You must find those and then experiment with how the menus work.
Google the manual
yes i did get it looking a little bit better doing that but it's completely random for example on an email it can go feint one minute then ultra high contrast the next

well i got the driver downloads from the tech company i bought it off. how do you check the display drivers are working correctly? I hardly dare mess with it now i have got the text at least readable . It's Windows 11, as for model of monitor who knows, doesn't appear to be one on it
Right click on the Start button > Device Manager > Monitors > Driver > Roll back driver. If it's greyed out then it hasn't been updated recently.

The driver usually doesn't do much does it - apart from let you tweak the montor from the keyboard ?
Yeah that's a point.

It sounds like it could be an issue with the accessibility settings. If you have everything backed up then you can just reset Windows to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom