Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Disney + streaming video recommendations thread

Nivag

Seeing as there is one of the other services, I thought I'd start one.

Apart from the Marvel* and Star Wars content, the other series so far that's caught my attention is The World According to Jeff Goldblum.

The reason for the * next to Marvel is they are missing some content due to licencing issues, the Hulk and Spiderman films aren't available.

Good navigation. Like the menu screen. Could do with something like prime's xray....I like finding out about actors.

I've got it for the year see how it goes. It's as expected to date.

I started watching The World According to Jeff Goldblum last night and loved it.
I got it free for 6 months when I sorted my mobile contract out. It came at the right time

Mandalorian's okay. Daughter loves Vampirina (fingers crossed she doesn't find Sophia the First, I banned that once already). Unless I can find something else for grownups this is only going to be a month or two before we go back to Netflix.

At least I can finish the Star Wars movies I suppose.

We are just going to relive the Young Adult's childhood (mid-00s) so
High School Musical (all 3)
Cadet Kelly
Hannah Montanna
Parent trap (not the good one with Hayley Mills!)
Hallowen Town
ect ...
:D

After having been repeatedly frustrated by our inability to stream Disney+ to our TV from our fucking iphones or iPad due to Apple being utter cunts, I am delighted to report that NowTV has now added the Disney+ app to their portfolio.

Mandalorian duly put on for a second viewing on a decent sized screen :)

Not necessarily a recommendation, but this was the most appropriate thread I could find.

Disney has announced that Mulan will land on Disney+ on September 4 in selected territories, where it will be offered to customers at a premium price of $29.99.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the film will be available to watch in countries including the US, Canada, New Zealand, Australia and many Western European countries.

Lot of speculation as to what this might mean if successful. Can't think it would signal the end of cinemas, but could be impactful, especially given Disney's collection of properties.

30 bucks, though...

They are doing the same for Black Widow, I'm guessing it'll be available for free after 6 months or so. Not sure what added bonus you'll get for your 30 bucks apart from seeing it first.

They are doing the same for Black Widow, I'm guessing it'll be available for free after 6 months or so. Not sure what added bonus you'll get for your 30 bucks apart from seeing it first.
Disney have released a statement that they won’t do this with Black Widow. This looks like they are testing the waters though. $30 seems like an insane price and it will immediately get pirated.

Aye, there's a parody account on Twitter that said they're doing the same with Black Widow (which I almost posted :oops: ), but Disney currently insisting they won't.

One reason they are doing this with Mulan is because they think they can justify the price because it’s a family film and $30 is still cheaper than taking a whole family to the cinema.

Indeed; I think many, including myself, were thinking "it's not the same as seeing it in the cinema", and while that's still true I imagine for many families it's less of a priority and the convenience of having at home will mean a lot.

One reason they are doing this with Mulan is because they think they can justify the price because it’s a family film and $30 is still cheaper than taking a whole family to the cinema.
Definitely a lot cheaper than taking a family to the cinema especially if you consider snacks and drinks for everyone.

TBF I would consider this if I had a family. However I would like to see a dual cinema-home release, rather than blanking cinemas altogether- they need all the help they can get atm.

I’d also be more than happy to pay cinema ticket prices to watch other brand new premium Hollywood releases at home during this situation, certainly if some of the funds were used to support cinemas. I know Christopher Nolan is very insistent on his films being watched on the big screen and I completely agree on principle, but if I was offered the chance to watch the constantly- delayed Tenet at home next week for £25, I’d fork out.

Apart from the Mandalorian, is there anything on the channel worth watching?

I got it with my new O2 contract and apart from some nice shorts from Pixar, its underwhelming.

I got it with my new O2 contract and apart from some nice shorts from Pixar, its underwhelming.

I think we found some nature stuff. It's got superhero things if your in to that, but we cancelled after our months free trial. Probably great if you have kids.

There’s obviously a ton of other Star Wars stuff available, both live action films and animation series. And the behind-the-scenes documentary about Mandalorian, The Gallery, which is great.

Back
Top Bottom