Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Bad

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Total dog shit

Votes: 21 26.9%

• Total voters

MillwallShoes

Don't kill the Lion
watched it again the other day. Original, creepy, and brilliant non-scripted dialogue. Thought it was excellent.

I think it was one of the best horror films ever made, tbh.

How do you rate it?

I'm not a huge fan of horror but I thought it was great. The story they built up around it, and I'm a huge fan of found footage stuff (when it's done right).

Can totally understand why people might not like it, but it pushes the right buttons for me.

Really good film. Not among the greatest films ever made, but for what it is, it was executed perfectly.

Spawned a whole genre! (so influential, rather than great?)

I've never seen it. After it had been out a few weeks it seemed like I'd heard too much about what happens for it to be worth bothering with.

It was quite creepy, but the girl was really annoying.
I found all the characters in BW annoying college kids and wanted them to die :oops:
See, that's why it's such a realistic film. No Hollywood need to have endearing characters, and like in real life each character in BW is a bit of a twat, really.

It's because you hate them that you must love them, don't you see!

I really enjoyed it, thought it worked better than BW which bored me rigid. I found all the characters in BW annoying college kids and wanted them to die :oops:

Blair Witch was creepy/borderline scary despite nothing happening. [REC] was borderline scary with shit loads going on.

BW was the great achievement, IMO.

I think of it the same way I think of Nirvana, good but ultimately ruined by all the utterly shit imitations that followed.

I'm looking at you Eddie Vedder, you fucking hack :mad:

See, that's why it's such a realistic film. No Hollywood need to have endearing characters, and like in real life each character in BW is a bit of a twat, really.

It's because you hate them that you must love them, don't you see!

Why didn't they just climb a really high tree? I am betting the witch would never have looked up a really high tree for them.

Why didn't they just climb a really high tree? I am betting the witch would never have looked up a really high tree for them.
I think you may be confusing witches with alligators :hmm:

Actually, that may suggest another reason you didn't enjoy the film.

I saw it at an afternoon showing at the cinema before all the hype, when it was still little known and without knowing anything about it. All I knew was that it was presented as genuine and I thought it was genuine for the first half of the film. I thought it was excellent. I went out of the dark cinema into the afternoon sunshine and felt creeped out for the rest of the day.

Back
Top Bottom