Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Dead Kennedy's Brighton this Thurs..

TopCat

Putin fanboy
I loved this band in the 80's.
I got a spare for Thurs night in Brighton. Got people to crash with.

It's a trek but you never know. Someone might want it.

Let's lynch the landlord man!

I’d probably go to see them (i’ve seen Jello do a couple of spoken word gigs). Just not the same without the full line up. Fresh Fruit and Give Me Convenience get regular plays still.

I saw them in 2016 - I didn't realise when I got tickets that there'd be no Jello Biafra, but it was still a good night.

Yep, I don't think they've played together since the band first split up in 1986 - somebody called Ron "Skip" Greer was on vocals, he wasn't bad but it felt more like I was watching a really good Dead Kennedys covers band.

These days you would have a better time seeing Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine. He still does some DK stuff and he's still as mad as a wasp

Not sure I see the point of DKs without Biafra's unique voice. Anyone got a link to a recording of them without him? There's still East Bay Ray's surfery guitar stylings and those Flouride basslines to enjoy I guess

These days you would have a better time seeing Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine. He still does some DK stuff and he's still as mad as a wasp
I don't think he does anything DK related these days. No love lost between them - they've been in fierce litigation about copyright.

Saw DKs with Redskins as the support band, maybe 1982 in Brixton, when I was a stundent living round there. Excellent gig. There were rumours that the NF were going to turn up and trash the Redskins. Red Action were "in the area" but the fash didn't turn up on the day.

Thinking about it, that was the last time I spoke to Seething Wells. :(

Not sure I see the point of DKs without Biafra's unique voice. Anyone got a link to a recording of them without him? There's still East Bay Ray's surfery guitar stylings and those Flouride basslines to enjoy I guess

It really isn't the same, obvs musically spot on but missing something!

Maybe give it a rest for a bit rather than continuing to make unnecessary digs at other posters on the basis of your inabilty to understand.
Jesus christ, you need to dial it down. It was a humorous light hearted comment to DaveCinzano - nowt to do with you and
no biggie, yet you seem determined to chuck your big spoon in. Get bent.

Back
Top Bottom