Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

David Weir

He's astonishing and looked really knackered today after the week he's had. Be interesting to see how far he allows himself to become a sleb and make his million quid after all this. Probably not his kind of thing.

Only thing that slightly grates is all this about him being the best wheelchair racer ever. AFAIK Tanni Grey-Thompson has more medals and golds.

He's astonishing and looked really knackered today after the week he's had. Be interesting to see how far he allows himself to become a sleb and make his million quid after all this. Probably not his kind of thing.

Why not. He'll probably need the dosh once his DLA is taken away :rolleyes::D

I would NEVER wind anyone up about something as serious as this :eek:

Now, thanks to the red button, I know the truth !!!

And I missed it, what a shame.

Pretty incredible after all those other events - to win a marathon. I don't think many or any able bodied sportsmen or women have done that combination of events.

His last race is the marathon no? have I missed it or ..?
Think we all missed it really. When I turned it on they were wibbling on about the rights holders only giving them bits of footage. I thought ch4 were the rights holders? :hmm:

Pretty incredible after all those other events - to win a marathon. I don't think many or any able bodied sportsmen or women have done that combination of events.
Yeah it's staggering to be able to do simply that much high intensity work over a week or so - along with all the emotions and stress. Heard one of the ch4 lot, maybe Jonathan Edwards, say wheelchair racing is more like able bodied swimming than running in that you can do several events in one meeting (dunno why, though I once did a half marathon, followed by pool and darts. Piece of piss to be honest). In some ways that Richard Whitehead amazes me even more. He's marathon world record holder and 200m winner! I know that was because they didn't have his event in the games, but from just about the only bit of sport science I know, you shouldn't be able to combine excellence in those things (fast twitch muscle fibres for sprinters AFAIK)

Back
Top Bottom