Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Conkers

Do kids still play conkers?

I really hope so.

Apparently not. I remember taking my daughter to the park when she was primary school age and couldn't believe there were hundreds of great ones going begging. Cue a Down Memory Lane With Dad ramble, although she did pick a few up because they looked nice and one other kid at school had equally ancient parents so they gave it a go.

Drying out was the best non cheating way imo. I had an absolute monster that i'd left in a drawer for a whole year, it destroyed ever other conker by being unbreakable...

then m best mate who'd found a massive conker and dipped it in resin or varnish or something (who fucking knows) smashed it to bits over a long, drawn out affair :(

Apparently not. I remember taking my daughter to the park when she was primary school age and couldn't believe there were hundreds of great ones going begging. Cue a Down Memory Lane With Dad ramble, although she did pick a few up because they looked nice and one other kid at school had equally ancient parents so they gave it a go.
They look nice and they feel lovely in the hand. Conkers are beautiful things.

That's why you need to try to smash them into little pieces.

Back
Top Bottom