Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cold weather and fuel poverty in Wales

spacemonkey

I Love Noodles
What with this cold snap I thought I'd start a thread in the Welsh forum about getting help for people in fuel poverty.

I work for the Energy Saving Trust in Wales, in all aspects of domestic energy efficiency. We work hard to bring in as much funding as possible for energy efficiency improvements in Wales and currently run a fairly large national fuel poverty scheme. Alongside this we are always exploring new funding streams to help people, so any questions will be appreciated!

There is considerable help for vulnerable people/people on benefits (especially those in old inefficient homes) who are struggling to pay their bills and keep warm. Marketing budget is tight and we know for a fact that we sometimes struggle get the message out to people eligible for help. So I thought I'd start a thread to point people in the right direction. Even if it helps one person it could be worth it.

So if you know of anyone on means tested benefits (especially those in old inefficient home) send me a PM. There is a short qualifying questionnaire which would need to be followed up with a phone call (this can be the person who needs help, a carer, relative or friend)

The company is impartial, non-profit and we always act in the best interests of the public. I've also cleared this with Ed (thanks!)

There are also a number of other energy efficiency schemes launching this year which hopefully can help people not eligible under this scheme, so if you have any questions about your house (whether you own it, private rental, HA etc...) then ask away!

Diolch yn fawr iawn, spacemonkey.

Back
Top Bottom