Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cleaning handbags

izz

Increased Leisure Citizen
Hello Threads'n'Dreads !

I have a few decent quality handbags that have languished in a blanket box for a number of years and wish to get the mustydusty smell out of them before Freegling. What's the Informed Hive Mind view on how to do this ? Some are fabric, one is leather (Radley). Am loath to spray drench in 25% white vinegar less'n someone better informed than I says it's the way to go, man.

Hello Threads'n'Dreads !

I have a few decent quality handbags that have languished in a blanket box for a number of years and wish to get the mustydusty smell out of them before Freegling. What's the Informed Hive Mind view on how to do this ? Some are fabric, one is leather (Radley). Am loath to spray drench in 25% white vinegar less'n someone better informed than I says it's the way to go, man.
Hand held steam cleaner to start. That will get rid of the musty smells. Wipe the leather one with damp cloth then add leather food rub.

I have done white vinegar on a musty bag (suede and canvas) and it does work. The vinegar smell eventually went but it took a lot of airing.

Not the weather, currently (unless dry) but a good air outside can really help in addition to other cleanings

Reactions: izz
Back
Top Bottom