Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

CJB - october 1994 london

Garcia Lorca

Anger can be power
with the calm before the storm tommorow, it got me reflecting on previous protests from the past that ive been at.

the criminal justice bill 1994 was a cracking day/night down in london.. had a look at the urban write up from the day here..

http://www.urban75.org/photos/protest/cjb.html

anyone know of any other links to photos or videos from the day?

Aye - that was a good day. The guy TWOCing a police horse a particular highlight. As was a bloke charging the police lines - in a wheelchair. Thousands lined up along the railings by park lane chanting abuse at the cops whislt they stood they're and got covered with a barrage of sticks and mud.

And all to a pounding soundtrack from the sound systems.

:)

Went to Thailand the day after. With a fucking great big bruise down the side of my face. Them round shields, the plastic is a bit harder than a bin lid innit.

That was a great day out, but it was such a shame we couldn't 'kill the bill' as we all hoped.

For me, that day really marked the end of an era - the end of raves and free parties as they were, the end of the traveller convoys and festivals as they were.

The Tories smashed the Unions, they smashed the travellers, they smashed the free parties, they smashed all the social structures that made it possible to live a meaningful life outside the 'mainstream'. Looking back, it's all so terribly sad.

Except I'm happy today, as we've shown ourselves to be free and alive, albeit in a small way.

Back
Top Bottom