Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cities: Skylines 2!

Will have to wait for the technical improvements. CSL felt more like a diorama builder in the end. The simulation had all sort of weirdness that prevented "real" city planning from working properly. I hope that CSL 2 has a) better simulation and b) lets me build cities that aren't so car-centric.

Will have to wait for the technical improvements. CSL felt more like a diorama builder in the end. The simulation had all sort of weirdness that prevented "real" city planning from working properly. I hope that CSL 2 has a) better simulation and b) lets me build cities that aren't so car-centric.
I hope the CSL Steam Workshop works for CSL 2. I loved changing all the buildings to post war British but then got bored.

Yeah iswym! I'd love more simulation on things like citizens behaviour, if you piss them off they shouldn't sit there getting unhappy they should protest, and even riot if things aren't sorted (causing other civic issues like traffic etc), I'd like to see realistic driving too, the should be pile ups the way some cars drive!

Yeah iswym! I'd love more simulation on things like citizens behaviour, if you piss them off they shouldn't sit there getting unhappy they should protest, and even riot if things aren't sorted (causing other civic issues like traffic etc), I'd like to see realistic driving too, the should be pile ups the way some cars drive!
The things I'm thinking of are eg.
Where people live and where they work and how they travel. In CSL1, there are no individual citizens. Workplaces create commuters, which spawn at random houses and take the quickest route. This is also how city services work, so ambulances, rubbish collection etc. have no sense of locality.
Mixed-use zoning is impossible. If you try to do mixed use planning side by side, the noise from commercial zoning makes residents very ill.

Per-citizen simulation is within reach on modern hardware, but I don't think that's the kind of game they want to make.

The things I'm thinking of are eg.
Where people live and where they work and how they travel. In CSL1, there are no individual citizens. Workplaces create commuters, which spawn at random houses and take the quickest route. This is also how city services work, so ambulances, rubbish collection etc. have no sense of locality.
Mixed-use zoning is impossible. If you try to do mixed use planning side by side, the noise from commercial zoning makes residents very ill.

Per-citizen simulation is within reach on modern hardware, but I don't think that's the kind of game they want to make.
Oh yeah agree, routing is seriously idiotic in the current game. It looks like the tiling will be a bit more dynamic in the new one so perhaps they're thinking more deeply about how zoning works?

Back
Top Bottom