Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

China to build Moon base in ten years

editor

hiraethified
I love a good Moon base

China plans to build a scientific research station on the moon in "about 10 years," according to the state news agency Xinhua.

The China National Space Administration (CSNA) intends to build the research station in the region of the moon's south pole, Zhang Kejian, head of CSNA, said in a public statement, Xinhua reported. That's a bit of a departure from the six successful NASA Apollo moon landings, which took place closer to the moon's equator between 1969 and 1972.

Details of China's long-term lunar plans are still sketchy, but CSNA has made significant steps toward lunar exploration. Earlier this year, the Chinese successfully landed the uncrewed Chang'e-4 on the far side of the moon, and have also placed astronauts aboard two temporary space stations, Tiangong-1 and Tiangong-2. Their space agency also plans to put a larger, more permanent station into orbit in the coming years.

https://www.livescience.com/65312-china-moon-base-10-years.html

only 30 years too late

d2x35ur-772d97fe-c263-430e-9234-e957d5ac6351.jpg

There Long March 9 is a super heavy class launch vehicle. Supposedly on a par with the Saturn V and Space Launch System. It supposedly is set for flight in 2028ish era. But I am really not sure of the wisdom of a one use super heavy class rocket in the era where there are already cheap refurbish-able heavy rockets like the Falcon Heavy. It looks like they are spending very big to build kit that is generations behind while on the drawing board.

They have the highest launch cadence globally but its paid for largely by the state forcing Chinese companies to use Chinese launch systems. All that debt is going to come home to roost one day.

There Long March 9 is a super heavy class launch vehicle. Supposedly on a par with the Saturn V and Space Launch System. It supposedly is set for flight in 2028ish era. But I am really not sure of the wisdom of a one use super heavy class rocket in the era where there are already cheap refurbish-able heavy rockets like the Falcon Heavy. It looks like they are spending very big to build kit that is generations behind while on the drawing board.

They have the highest launch cadence globally but its paid for largely by the state forcing Chinese companies to use Chinese launch systems. All that debt is going to come home to roost one day.
I guess they like the idea of the showy huge rocket rather than the relatively small falcon heavy style one.

Looks better on the propaganda video

I guess they like the idea of the showy huge rocket rather than the relatively small falcon heavy style one.

Looks better on the propaganda video
More likely they are a large institution locked into an outmoded paradigm. NASA is doing the same thing with the SLS. Its easy to build huge rockets such at Saturn V, N1 or Energina compared to reusable ones.

Good luck to em ..

so it will be the Ruskies and Chinese and Musk on the moon, should be enough space for the three of them.

Back
Top Bottom