Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommendation Chess?

With the disclaimer that I'm shit at chess, count me in.

No idea what platform we could use. But in a pinch you can play chess with nothing.

I love it for a bit of a brain workout, but I'm not particularly good. It's like running, I do it a lot and enjoy the mental state, but almost anyone could beat me if it was a race.

I couldn't even beat level 0 on my vic20 (the only level that didn't take hours of computing to make a move).

I think this is probably one of those 'build it and they will come' type things tbh. If you set it up and say 'this is how it works, you can be in it or not' then people will. If you start getting into discussions about how to do it or who wants to do what then everyone will drift away.

I think this is probably one of those 'build it and they will come' type things tbh. If you set it up and say 'this is how it works, you can be in it or not' then people will. If you start getting into discussions about how to do it or who wants to do what then everyone will drift away.

yeah, and it just becomes a thread where people drop in irrelevancies, like I dunno, going running.

One tool that I really recommend highly is the free Chess 365 opening explorer. Basically you can put in each move and it tells you a percentage of victories for black or white based on a database of grandmaster games. It's absolutely brilliant and has revolutionised my openings.

I thought I'd give it a go. My opponent quickly realised he was out of his league.

Your better off making an account. Otherwise you don't get serious players when doing it anonymously. Like the example you just gave in that screenshot.

One tool that I really recommend highly is the free Chess 365 opening explorer. Basically you can put in each move and it tells you a percentage of victories for black or white based on a database of grandmaster games. It's absolutely brilliant and has revolutionised my openings.

WOW! Nice site. Thanks for sharing that.

Have we got any closer to a tournament?

Sorry, been having some family issues. Haven't had a chance to look into it. Not sure when I can to be honest. So if anyone wants to go ahead and sort something out by all means... Right now I don't have the time to. Once again apologies for that.

Back
Top Bottom