Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

CD's for sale

hash tag

Reaching out
Anyone wanna by a CD or thousand?
I possibly have about 3000 or so and most of them have been played once or twice at most. All good condition with inserts Etc. What with all our books,
they take up a lot of room in our tiny flat. Hoping to get rid of them in bulk, I have written to a couple of places who might be interested. One came back last night
and offered 20 maybe 50p each! I might as well give them away to charity. :(

Reactions: tim
Bulk is a long shot really. Most of them will be worth small amounts.

Some CDs have retained their value but you would need to work out which.

Music Magpie used to have a thing where you could scan each one individually and it would give you a price. Then you can box them up and I think there is a free post address to post them to.

If you want shot with the least hassle a charity shop is the best bet. If you want a small amount of cash then some second hand record shops might be up for them.

Bundle them up by genre and stick up on Marketplace for peanuts or free.
Hi-res pictures will be easier than making an Excel.
As above, second hand record shops will take them, if there's one near you.

Some CDs are worth a fair bit - I've sold a few lately for £65-100. Spend time looking on Discogs before doing any Music Magpie etc.

3000 CDs at 20p is £600 and at 50p is £1500 so not to be sneezed at
I’d suggest you pick out any albums that you love, in case they’re not easily available via internet streaming. I’ve been wanting to listen to a particular song, and the album around it, and can’t find it easily anywhere now I’ve got rid of all my cds

I have loads of CDs that I still need to digitalise :facepalm: I suppose there hasn't been any major advanced in how to do this quickly, cheaply and pain free since everyone else did theirs 15 years ago?? Then I might sell them.

I have videos too :oops:

Bulk is a long shot really. Most of them will be worth small amounts.

Some CDs have retained their value but you would need to work out which.

Music Magpie used to have a thing where you could scan each one individually and it would give you a price. Then you can box them up and I think there is a free post address to post them to.
MUsic magpie still do; boxing up and posting that many though 😱
Was hoping for a quid each. 😓

3000 CDs at 20p is £600 and at 50p is £1500 so not to be sneezed at
I’d suggest you pick out any albums that you love, in case they’re not easily available via internet streaming. I’ve been wanting to listen to a particular song, and the album around it, and can’t find it easily anywhere now I’ve got rid of all my cds
Everyone is ripped, so few worries there. I'm finding it difficult to come to terms with parting from them and need a little incentive with minimum effort.

Anyone wanna by a CD or thousand?
I possibly have about 3000 or so and most of them have been played once or twice at most. All good condition with inserts Etc. What with all our books,
they take up a lot of room in our tiny flat. Hoping to get rid of them in bulk, I have written to a couple of places who might be interested. One came back last night
and offered 20 maybe 50p each! I might as well give them away to charity. :(
any specific genres or just a mixed bag?

I have loads of CDs that I still need to digitalise :facepalm: I suppose there hasn't been any major advanced in how to do this quickly, cheaply and pain free since everyone else did theirs 15 years ago?? Then I might sell them.

I have videos too :oops:
I think it'd probably be much less pain to just download digital rips that other people have made.

Back
Top Bottom