Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Catford Cat Under Threat

I remember the Catford Cat from back when I was living in the area as a kid in the 90s. Glad to hear it's still around.

It was only posted this morning.
17361791_10100450905810672_395197834557024879_n.jpg

Tweet from 20th March
Petition link about a week old. Lewisham Council: Save the Catford Cat
:p

the catford cat did get a clean and repaint within the last few years (scaffolding going up at the time led to a minor panic then as well)

That bus company has the same name as the Australian equivalent of DWP. Just thought I would mention that - nothing to do with Catford.

That bus company has the same name as the Australian equivalent of DWP. Just thought I would mention that - nothing to do with Catford.

:) - or :( (don't know if the australian equivalent of the dwp has the same level of arsebaggery)

'Centre Link' was a small network of bus routes funded by Lewisham council in the mid / late 80s connecting Lewisham (shopping centre) with residential areas that were then some distance from the nearest bus route. Most of the routes - including one that stops at the end of mum-tat's road - have now been developed in to full on TFL bus services.

I remember what must have been one of those busses started running about that time near where I was living at the time, the L1. It was our first direct bus route to Lewisham town centre. Previously it either meant a walk to Crofton Park, or a change of bus at New Cross. I used to use that bus quite a bit on Saturdays, travelling to Lewisham for Beatties, or WH Smith or Boots for computer games.

The future of the cat is again uncertain following a big money bid from McDonalds to build the monstrosity below. How we the people of Lewisham can fight to prevent this from happening against one of the biggest companies in the world and a council which is as bent as bottle of crisps is frightening.

17757549_10100455544060582_3092799025852469734_n.jpg

Save the fucking cat! :mad:

Back
Top Bottom