Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cat toy in my beer. Will I die ?

Reno

The In Kraut
While playing with the cat, I accidentally chucked his toy mouse in my beer. I'm drinking it anyway, will I die ? I've put the cat toy away to dry, so at least the cat won't get drunk

That was my thought, but considering I occasionally find grains of cat litter in my bed, I must have already been exposed to it.

I think generally the medical view of it is if you live with cats you are probably already tox positive. The main danger is if you contract it (ie the initial infection) whilst pregnant or immune compromised.

(I might be wrong though, but that was my understanding of it. My cats would basically live on my face if they could, damage already done)

That was my thought, but considering I occasionally find grains of cat litter in my bed, I must have already been exposed to it.
almost certainly. my best friend at school got a bad dose of it when he was a young teen. He had an unusual reaction and was quite ill. They thought he had Hodgkin's at first and it was very worrying, but apparently loads of cat owners have it, but it doesn't lead to any symptoms. Though there are some far-out theories that it might control human behaviour in order to reproduce

Also should add that the vast majority of toxoplasmosis new infections are as a result of handling raw meat or eating meat that is cooked rare, not from interaction with pet cats.

Back
Top Bottom