Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Caravan holiday parks

Elpenor

Dancing as fast as I can
Met up with my former lodger last week and she was telling me how she often stays in caravan parks with her kayaking friends, using the accommodation as a base to go off and do their own thing. She suggested I might consider the same as they’re often a bit cheaper than self catering cottages.

I prefer to go on holiday alone and am aware that these parks are typically aimed at families, so am a bit concerned I’ll stand out a bit. I won’t be going away during the school holidays, would be in the lowest season but still it made me wonder. Also wondering if they might not be a bit too busy / noisy / crowded compared to a more isolated cottage.

I did a bit of Googling and it seemed unclear if bookings from single people were allowed with some of these holiday park companies, there seemed to be some reports of single bookings being turned away and one forum I found said single men booking into a caravan park are probably nonces.

Obviously I am not a nonce but clearly I do not want to feel stressed about turning up to the park to potentially be turned away

I'm a 58 year old male and I go on my own to caravan parks four/five times a year. I use them as a base for walking and sight seeing etc. Always midweek and during term time. You've got absolutely nothing to worry about. The sites tend to be quieter and usually half empty. Plenty of childless couples and singletons. I've never had a problem with booking at any of the major companies (Parkdean, Park Holidays, and Haven) The sites vary a lot in the way of facilities (swimming pool, arcades, climbing walls, bar etc). If you're after a quiet life, pick one with less going on. It will say something like rest/relaxing, rather than action packed in the blurb!

I'm a 58 year old male and I go on my own to caravan parks four/five times a year. I use them as a base for walking and sight seeing etc. Always midweek and during term time. You've got absolutely nothing to worry about. The sites tend to be quieter and usually half empty. Plenty of childless couples and singletons. I've never had a problem with booking at any of the major companies (Parkdean, Park Holidays, and Haven) The sites vary a lot in the way of facilities (swimming pool, arcades, climbing walls, bar etc). If you're after a quiet life, pick one with less going on. It will say something like rest/relaxing, rather than action packed in the blurb!
Cheers, that’s reassuring, and exactly what I’m after.

I've just been to a Haven site in Wales. Yes it was a family oriented site, but during term time it was quiet. There were lots of retirees, and singletons although they may have been van owners. The facilities were all really clean, the van was in tip top order and given that I was expecting the great big hi di hi, it was a pleasant stay with really good access to beach and local amenities.

Stayed in a Parkdean on the Isle of Wight a few years ago, was OK, the pool was well scummy, I seemed to be the only male there not sporting a facial tattoo, but was nice enough. They take the bingo VERY seriously. Wasn't particularly cheap though.

I wouldn’t really be going to use the facilities anyway. The parks aren’t open when I have my next block of leave anyway, but maybe I’ll consider for some point in 2024.

Back
Top Bottom