Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Cancelled - Thurs March 26th - Breakup Haircut + Finish Flag + th'sheridans at Cavendish Arms

clandestino

no llevar papel
Here's the details of our gig at the Cavendish Arms this month.

Breakup Haircut + Finish Flag + th'sheridans
Thursday March 26th
The Cavendish Arms, 128 Hartington Rd, Stockwell, London SW8 2HJ, 8pm. £5. Five minutes walk from Stockwell tube, map of the venue here. Advance tickets here Breakup Haircut + Finish Flag + th'sheridans

Breakup Haircut
Fresh from supporting Big Joanie and The Just Joans, the brilliant Breakup Haircut bring their infectious mix of power pop, indie pop and punk pop to The Cav. Memorably described as "a punk pop version of the Scooby Doo gang", the four piece say they play "power pop and melodic punk defined by fierce basslines, humorously relatable lyrics, and the vehement determination not to recycle the same three drumbeats". Perfect!
What did you expect? I got it off the internet!, by Breakup Haircut

Finish Flag
London's Finish Flag play hazy bedroom lo fi pop with echoes of Yo La Tengo, Broadcast and shoegaze godheads Medicine. Their 2016 debut album was packed full of sumptuous tunes (including the wonderfully named "Black Metal Power Ballad"), and we're looking forward to experiencing the warm glow of their songs live.
Finish Flag

th'sheridans
A DIY incongru-pop duo from London, th'sheridans are a wry, charming mix of anti-folk, indie pop, and pure joy. Their live shows have been known to feature a car-boot drum machine and sassy high kicks, and we're very pleased they've agreed to open up the show for us!
th'sheridans

8pm - Doors
8.30pm - 9pm - th'sheridans
9.20pm - 9.50pm - Finish Flag
10.10pm - Breakup Haircut

More info Breakup Haircut, Finish Flag, th'sheridans at Cavendish Arms Stockwell on March 26th

As listed in this month's Urban Fox!

Thurs 26th Mar, SW8
Indie Bands at the Cavendish Arms
128 Hartington Road, SW8 2HJ, 8pm, £5
Indie club legends How Does It Feel To Be Loved hook up with Tugboat Captain for another triple bill of live music in the quirky environs of the Cavendish Arms. Headliners Breakup Haircut whisk up an infectious mix of power pop, indie pop and punk pop, Finish Flag play hazy bedroom lo fi pop and th'sheridans meld a DIY fusion of anti-folk, indie pop and high kicks.

Excellent thank you!

I've not heard of Urban Fox before, I'll check it out. Where can I pick up a copy?
It's the renamed Lambeth Weekender. I usually get mine from Brixton Library or Market House, but there was also a mag holder thing in Market Row.

Back
Top Bottom