Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Recommendation Can anyone recommend e-commerce software?

Funnier than he thinks he is.
Looking for an e-commerce software for a small business selling clothing and bespoke items. What is everyone using?

Not an expert by any means but I found Shopify very cumbersome when I was trying to sort it out for a friend.

When i was looking at selling clothng online, I was planning to use Magento.

There is a particular issue with clothing in that you often need to list stock by size and colour. So you want something that is able to cope with two levels of subcategory.

I've setup a few businesses selling using WooCommerce on WordPress. It's all done via screens (as opposed to programming) and there's no transaction costs or limits. You don't need to be very technical to set it up and it's easy to adapt product details or add new products.

We've been using Woo for the last 3 years, it is a bit more techy than Shopify and can be quite cumbersome, especially when you start adding plug ins. Once you get beyond the basics with Woo you may need some professional help.

Currently switching to Shopify and although I haven't used it a lot yet the UI is very straightforward.

Woo is free to use but you need to pay for subscriptions and plug ins.

Shopify charges a monthly fee (and maybe a commission, I'll have to check). But you should be able to get more than just the basics you get with Woo.

We have had untold nightmares trying to get bundle pricing/discounts working on Woo, even the propellor heads I work with have struggled.

Back
Top Bottom