Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Brixton jobs offered/jobs wanted thread

editor

hiraethified
Thought this might be useful.

Domino on Coldharbour Lane are advertising for drivers right now.

The Dogstar is looking for bar staff and the Academy has tweeted this:

Note: This is an announcement-only thread. Anyone messing about can expect to find their posts deleted.

Saw this on NextDoor:

Looking for an Optical Assistant to work at an Opticians in Stockwell on weekends. Previous experience not essential but would be useful. Would be working alongside an experienced member of staff to learn the ropes. Please send a short covering letter and a CV to reception@monoptics.co.uk

Lambeth College
Job title - HR Systems Analyst
Job reference - VAC0548- 2018/19
Date posted - 13/08/2019
Application closing date - 27/08/2019
Location - Clapham
Salary - £30,342.40 - £32,581.98 Inc. LWA
Package
Excellent employment benefits including generous annual leave, a public sector pension scheme and great opportunities for CPD
Job category/type - Support

Job description
Manage on behalf of the College the integrated iTrent HR/Payroll System, streamlining business processes to increase efficiency and reduce administration

To manage the iTrent System in all aspects of IT software, hardware and statistical information and to provide timely and accurate management information using Business Object

Job profile

Job Description

Job Purpose

The Safe and Independent Living (SAIL) service supports individuals access support, connect with local community groups and statutory services for practical support, to help maintain independence, safety and improve wellbeing. The SAIL team provide brief intervention, social prescribing support, allowing the individual to focus on ‘what matters to me’ and take a holistic approach to an individual’s health and well being, connecting people to community groups and statutory services for practical and emotional support. SAILors also support existing groups to be accessible and sustainable and help people to start new community groups, working collaboratively with all local partners through linking in with Age UK Lambeth’s Community Development team.

Primary Care Network (PCN) SAILors will work as a key part of the PCN multi-disciplinary team. Helping PCNs to strengthen community and personal resilience and reduces health and well being inequalities by addressing the wider determinants of health, such as debt, poor housing and physical inactivity, by increasing people’s active involvement with their local communities.

Key Responsibilities

Working with direct supervision by a GP, take referrals from a wide range of agencies, including PCNs, GP practices and multi-disciplinary team in 2019/20 and from 2020/21: pharmacies, wider multi-disciplinary teams, hospital discharge teams, allied health professionals, fire service, police, job centres, social care services, housing associations, and voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) organisations (list not exhaustive).

Provide personalised support to individuals, their families and carers to take control of their health and well being, live independently and improve their health outcomes, as a key member of the PCN multi-disciplinary team. Develop trusting relationships by giving people time and focus on ‘what matters to me’. Take a holistic approach, based on the person’s priorities and the wider determinants of health. Co-produce a simple personalised care and support plan to improve health and well being, introducing or reconnecting people to community groups and statutory services. The role will require managing and prioritising your own caseload, in accordance with the needs, priorities and any urgent support required by individuals on the caseload. It is vital that you have a strong awareness and understanding of when it is appropriate or necessary to refer people back to other health professionals/ agencies, when the person’s needs are beyond the scope of the PCN SAILor role- e.g. when there is a mental health need requiring a qualified practitioner.

Draw on and increase the strengths and capacities of local communities, enabling local VCSE organisations and community groups to receive social prescribing referrals.

Alongside other members of the PCN multi-disciplinary team, work collaboratively with all local partners to contribute towards supporting the local VCSE organisations and community groups to become sustainable and that community assets are nurtured, through sharing intelligence regarding any gaps or problems identified in local provision with commissioners and local authorities.

Social prescribing link workers will have a role in educating non-clinical and clinical staff within their PCN multi-disciplinary teams on what other services are available within the community and how and when patients can access them. This may include verbal or written advice and guidance.

Benefits

Contributory pension scheme; employee 5% & employer 7%

Please note we are recruiting for multiple people for this role.

Primary Care Network (PCN) SAILor | Age UK Lambeth | SW9, London | CharityJob.co.uk

Prince of Wales:
Pizza Chef - Competitive Rate (35-40hr week)

Key responsibilities as Pizza Chef:

Must be experienced in wood-fired pizza prep and production

Delivering great quality pizza's throughout a busy service.

If this sounds like you then we’d like to hear from you.

Email CV with the subject line 'Pizza Chef Application to - info@pow-London.com

Volunteers wanted

Barnardo’s Brixton shop appeals for more volunteers

Residents in Brixton are being urged to discover their ‘feel good’ factor by volunteering at their local Barnardo’s charity shop this autumn.

The children’s charity is looking for people to volunteer at its store in Brixton Road after receiving a significant increase in the number of donated items over the past few months.

Rebecca Claydon, Store Manager, said: “We are one of the largest charity shops in the local area which means we have the capacity to accept a large volume of pre-loved donated items from our generous customers and supporters. However, we do occasionally develop a backlog of stock in our stock rooms which is why at present we desperately need more volunteers.

“We receive such an incredible range of items from stylish vintage clothing and furniture to beautiful pieces of artwork and rare vinyl records. By having a few more volunteers - who can give whatever time they have to the store means we can reduce our current backlog and raise even more money for the UK’s most vulnerable children and young people.”

James Barrett who travels from Wimbledon to volunteer at Brixton store said: “My grandparents adopted two kids through Barnardo’s many years ago, so it’s always been a charity which has been close to my family. I have been volunteering for almost six years and I got involved through a work programme organised by the job centre. You never see the same thing twice in the store and no two days are ever the same. It keeps life interesting and it’s a great way to feel good.”

Stiphanie Baah from Tulse Hill added: “I have been volunteering in the shop for the past three months and I really love it. It’s really good and I love the team who are really friendly. Volunteering is a good opportunity for me to pursue my career in retail and boost my CV. Barnardo’s are really flexible and there are lots of different things to do in the store. Sometimes I help out at the back and other times I can be on the till. It’s a nice way to meet people too.”

To find out more about volunteering please visit our website www.barnardos.org.uk/volunteer

Last year Barnardo’s supported more than 30,000 children and young people along with their parents and carers in London.

About Barnardo’s

Last year nearly 300,000 children, young people, parents and carers were supported by Barnardo’s through more than 1,000 services across the UK, such as young carers, care leavers, foster carers and adoptive parents, training and skills or parenting classes.

We work to transform the lives of the UK’s most vulnerable children and every year we help thousands of families to build a better future. But we cannot do it without you.

Visit www.barnardos.org.uk to find out how you can get involved. Registered charity No. 216250 and SC037605

Follow Barnardo’s media team on Twitter@BarnardosNews

Do you love people? Are you one of those folk who people turn to for advice and information? Or even work in housing, libraries, Drs surgeries etc...?

The SAIL team are looking for workers to support adults of all ages.

See www.lambethsail.org.uk/jobs

Closing date 4th October

Back
Top Bottom