Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BrewDog: yet another hip company using 'rebel' language to sell its stuff

I see cutoffs. Who on earth are "The Turbojeugend" - Top rocker so they must think they are some kind of outlaw?

I see cutoffs. Who on earth are "The Turbojeugend" - Top rocker so they must think they are some kind of outlaw?

Turbojugend are fans of er... Turbonegro. Which is a band from Norway. And not racist, honest gov - it's ironic see.

I was browsing a job site tonight when I spotted this ad:

"We’re looking for an innovative and experienced Brewer to join our motley crew and get elbow deep in hops, malt & yeast as they assist in brewing and developing our epic range of craft beers."

Tossers.

"We’re looking for an innovative and experienced Brewer to join our motley crew and get elbow deep in hops, malt & yeast as they assist in brewing and developing our epic range of craft beers."

Tossers.
Sounds a bit like working for Trumans brewery nr Colchester in the 1970s. 4 cans of beer allowance per day for all employees & as much beer as you could swallow on shift. The long defunct brewery building is now a development of upmarket flats. :D

Tossers.

I'd want to know who put that advert up though. Bermondsey triangle? ;)

I've been known to tolerate beer from 'hipster' microbreweries, because here in choice-deprived far-West Wales, ie Swansea or worse, we rarely get interesting or even non-dull stuff.

So we escape to Cardiff (and Bristol :oops: :D )

But even so, I only drink hop-dominated weird shit well away from the tosser hipsters in the actual breweries, and I rarely if ever meet those.

But all that said, the beer has to be quality. It's all about that.

kenny g : I work at our own -- Swansea Bay Beer Festival (it was held over the August Bank Holiday w/e).

But all other beer fests I prefer to go as a punter ;) :)

Will try and combine with a fam holiday some year. Doing a stint at the St Albans fest next week. Quite like having the chance to have tasters of a wide range along with the discipline of having to serve up and not get shit faced.

It's quite a silly petition. Are vegans going to be misled into thinking that a beer presented in a taxidermied animal does not in fact involve any animal products, just because the Brewdog range includes vegan beers?

Brewdog planning sale of 30% of shares to a 'big buyer', and a future IPO. (link)

The new articles of association the owners are trying to force through for the sale will apparently allow them to sell 15% of the equity as if it were 30% - diluting existing shareholders rights. The buyer's identity remains shrouded in secrecy. It couldn't possibly be a 'monolithic purveyor of bland beer' could it?

Brewdog, the craft beer company that prides itself on a “punk” ethos, has been accused of acting like “just another multinational corporate machine” after forcing a family-run pub to change its name or face legal action.

The fast-growing Scottish brewer, which has burnished its underdog credentials with vocal criticism of how major brewers operate, recently launched a vodka brand called Lone Wolf. But it threatened legal action against a pub in Birmingham that opened under the same name, prompting allegations of bullying and hypocrisy from within the pubs and brewing community.

The brother and sister team behind the pub, Joshua and Sallie McFadyen, said they chose the name in 2015, before Brewdog unveiled its spirits brand. But they say they were too scared of the brewer’s financial muscle to fight back, deciding instead to change the name of their pub to the Wolf and adjust the signage and web page at their own expense.

Sallie McFadyen told the Guardian: “We had an email one day from their solicitors – and that was the first we knew of it – saying they had a trademarked spirit coming out. All our money has gone into refurbishing this place and getting it open and we don’t have the same money as they have. We were told we might have to incur their legal costs so we were panic-stricken.”

She said she and her brother chose the name the Lone Wolf because they had both previously worked for major pub companies and had decided to go it alone. They were also inspired by Sally’s dog, which “looks like a wolf”, echoing Brewdog’s own name, which is based on co-founder James Watt’s dog.

But they have been left disappointed by Brewdog’s decision to pursue them with the threat of legal action.
Utter cunts. Awful company.

Back
Top Bottom