Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Boomtown 2017 festival - news and discussion

sim667

All aboard the 303 bus.
Tickets out the other day, managed to blag a Tier 1 and a Campervan pass.

Anyone else?

It's selling fast this time
Following the release of all tickets for Boomtown Chapter 9 yesterday, all tier 1 and 2 tickets sold out in under two hours, and a record breaking 10,000+ tickets in total were snapped up in the first evening of release.

We're amazed by how many were logged on and ready to buy tickets as soon as they went on sale and we're so excited that so many people are already looking forward to next year's festival! We've got some serious plans in place for Chapter 9 in the pipeline and looking forward to sharing them with everyone over the next few months...
There are still plenty of Tier 3 tickets available, as well as discounted Coach Traveller packages (tier 2 priced festival ticket + coach ticket from one of 10 package locations) and those wanting to pay in instalments can secure their tickets for £40 deposit.

I'm going with some mates this year. Haven't been since 2011, has it grown much?

Tried getting the Tier 1 tickets but missed out (went so quick!), so had to settle for full price. Ah fuck it, I'm going Boomtown! Loved it so much this year. Got a little crew coming this time round.

I reckon it will sell out even quicker in 2018, with it being Glasto's fallow year.

AMAZING festie - this might be the first time I don't go in seven years but it might just be a bit too big now... never say never though :D

80k site licence cap, selling to 60k, this year

That's amazing, I knew Boomtown had grown, but had no idea it was THAT big now.

At some point I'd be keen to return, but for date, location and other reasons, the van is taking us elsewhere this year around Boomtown time.

Enjoy it all anyway though, everybody :). Our mate Andrew went down last year and got the bug, he'll be back. He absolutely loved the bands/acts, partying atmosphere, and the fact there was so much to do and see.

He confirmed to us what we'd expected when we chatted, that there were plenty of caned people there. Shurely not etc. :D

I thought hell yeah when I saw the line up too , put it on my maybe list and was reminded will be in a lovely villa in Spain.

Right which of you reprobates is off this year? Broke my arm and elbow days before the last one and am well on it this year!

Let's organise some kind of get-together too. Would love to catch up with you guys.

Love to one and all x

Just moved to the area and ordered some 40 quid day passes for locals- sunday only. Here's hoping the specials will be playing on sunday? Probably not..

Devil Kicks line up is amazing as ever. Legendary Shack Shakers especially

Oh balls, I'd decided not to go .... then I saw the lineup.

I think dervish wants to go though

I do think its a bit bollocks that younger parents are not allowed to take their kids

Although people from across all generations are welcomed at Boomtown, unsupervised under 18s are not permitted at the festival and must be accompanied by someone over 30.

And has been announced after tickets have been on sale a good while.

Edit: They clarified a bit

The age limits are a measure we put in place to help safeguard teenagers at the festival and ensure they have a guardian with them. If you wanted to bring a teen aged between 13 - 17 but are not 30, please contact us at info@boomtownfair.co.uk and we will help with the process. x

I can see what they're trying/being required to do..... but didn't put it across very well.

Last edited:
Alright people. Anyone who has been to Boom town before, can you answer me a question!
I emailed boom town info, but it left me more confused.
Basically, I was asking about the alcohol situation, whether you could take your own drink into the different districts. I got a reply from them that stated that your only allowed to take 16x 440ml cans (or the equivalent) to the festival, and thats it! Surely this can't be the case. Hows 16 cans meant to last the whole festival!
If any of you can help me out with this let me know!

Alright people. Anyone who has been to Boom town before, can you answer me a question!
Basically, I was asking about the alcohol situation, whether you could take your own drink into the different districts. I got a reply from them that stated that your only allowed to take 16x 440ml cans (or the equivalent) to the festival, and thats it! Surely this can't be the case. Hows 16 cans meant to last the whole festival!
Yeah it's fine. Once you're in you're in, there's no barriers between the districts.

It's not. They want you to buy more inside.

Back
Top Bottom