Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bob Marley.

Numbers

an ting!
I know there’s been a load of threads over the years, and I know he gets, or has got, a lot of flack over the years on here. Feck youse tho’ :D

I love the reggae music released by Bob and Peter and Bunny. My fav song of theirs of all time is Running Away and my fav album is Kaya.

We’re having a Wailers day today, Kaya done, Catch A Fire now - what next?

I’m more a Dennis Brown fan to be honest but fuck me did Bob and his Wailing brothers give us so much great reggae.

ska invita your Bob mix link in your blog isn’t working for me :(

Wait In Vain and Satisfy My Soul are two timeless classics.
One Drop always goes down well in pubs round here and Redemption Song is great.
Loads of em yeah, Kaya. And his early stuff on Birth Of A Legend album.

I know there’s been a load of threads over the years, and I know he gets, or has got, a lot of flack over the years on here. Feck youse tho’ :D

I love the reggae music released by Bob and Peter and Bunny. My fav song of theirs of all time is Running Away and my fav album is Kaya.

We’re having a Wailers day today, Kaya done, Catch A Fire now - what next?

I’m more a Dennis Brown fan to be honest but fuck me did Bob and his Wailing brothers give us so much great reggae.

ska invita your Bob mix link in your blog isn’t working for me :(
yeah man, server got hacked and wiped a year or two back -its on my lockdown things to do list to sort that out, fix up old links, some mixes might be lost for good actually

Kaya my favourite of the Island albums too btw
Ive also got a massive soft spot for Survival

heres a rarer early killer
The Wailers - Climb The Ladder

40 years ago, our no nonsense Yorkshireman house chaplain Rev. John Smith said after school evening prayers that there was a special announcement.

Step forward, the coolest boy in the school who told us of the death of Robert Nesta Marley.

I still don't know how a 14 year old persuaded the Rev that it was newsworthy but the moment remains in my memory.

My top tracks are So Jah Seh and Natural Mystic

When I was a kid I used to buy cheap cassettes of Bob Marley albums being performed by session musicians from Woolworths. Does anyone else remember this or have I confused a memory? I haven't managed to find any other reference to these albums (which existed for other artists as well).

When I was a kid I used to buy cheap cassettes of Bob Marley albums being performed by session musicians from Woolworths. Does anyone else remember this or have I confused a memory? I haven't managed to find any other reference to these albums (which existed for other artists as well).

i didn't know Woolworth had their own session musicians 😁

actually not cassettes but i did used to buy vinyl there [/dates self]

My top tracks are So Jah Seh and Natural Mystic
I had an album that had a lot of unpolished recordings, possibly early bootlegs, not sure. It had the best version of natural mystic. It actually had a trumpet at the lyric "this must be the last trumpet". Was really atmospheric and head and shoulders above the very clean produced version.

It was on tape on the late 80s and I think it had a mainly white cover. Never managed to track it down since.

Found it!

BBC 6 Music (can't remember which dj) played a load of his stuff today, which coincided nicely with a particularly dull training session I had to "listen to". :oldthumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom