Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bob Dylan demands a phone and smartwatch-free show

It's nothing new, Jack White has done the same for years. He wants to people to enjoy and listen but not through the lenses of their phones and I think that is fair enough. People find it hard to engage in the moment and enjoy themselves because they're forever checking their phone. I bet no one who has ever wasted time filming a firework display instead of just bloody watching has ever watched the footage!
I'm a bit of a hypocrite though as I do like to watch some live performances of songs on youtube I just don't want to be at a gig behind a sea of phones held aloft, it's distracting and annoying. I did film a couple of my favourite Angel Olsen songs at a gig last year but I was at the back stood on some seating so it wasn't bothering anyone else. I do like to take a photo or two as it's a standing joke that the pictures are always so bad when I post them on my facebook.
If more people had a bit of self control with their phones I doubt any artist would outright ban them but going by some of the gigs I have been too, self control is really lacking.

Back
Top Bottom