Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bioethanol burners - anyone had one?

Biscuitmonkey

I ummed and ahed about getting a log burner put in to an old fireplace, but was eventually put off due to having to do some chimney shenanigans. They also don't seem that great for the environment. I've now seen a bioethanol one that looks exactly like the sort ofthing I'm after - £80. It deffo looks the part, all cosy flames and fits with the age of my house.

Just wondering if any of you had/have one, and what the pros and cons might be. I'm told they don't kick out much heat, but my front room is "compact and bijoux" so might not be a worry. Any advice, stories, recommendations are most welcome.

Doesn't need a flue or chimney :eek:

/subscribes

interested to see how expensive the fuel is

eta: when burns produces CO2 and water so releases that into the room

Amazon says 65 quid for 24L and bioethanol-fireplace.co.uk says a small stove is 1.35kW and 0.18L per hour = 36p per kWH

Basically the same as an electric heater.

I did take a quick look and the sites I saw were selling it in litre bottles - wonder if it's available bulk as cheaper. I'd have been using it with a chimney because of the water release though so a lot of the heat would just go up the chimney.

Given the vast amount of fruit that's available for foraging right now, you can even make your own ethanol* to burn 👍

*95.6% maximum strength

Back
Top Bottom