Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Billy Smith

Just seen that posted on FB by Perry Gough. Heartbreaking news. Billy was a genuine giant of non league football and discovered so many gems including Ian Wright. Believe he’d been unwell for some time but still a shock he’s gone.

Sad news. Condolences to his family and friends.

During his time at Crawley I went to watch them at Boston United. Steve Evans was the Boston manager. I can't remember who started it but one threw a bucket at the other and a brawl started. Everyone in the stadium looked on in amazement as the two managers went for it. It remains the only time I've seen both managers dismissed. It was reported a second brawl started in the tunnel.

Sources at Crawley suggested Billy later said his only regret was that he didn't hit Steve Evans harder...

A heard a tale of when he was at K's he had the misfortune of dealing with the Leatherhead Lip, Chris Kelly. Time Billy finished with him it was Fat Lip 😂😂😂

Reactions: EDC
Sad news. Condolences to his family and friends.

During his time at Crawley I went to watch them at Boston United. Steve Evans was the Boston manager. I can't remember who started it but one threw a bucket at the other and a brawl started. Everyone in the stadium looked on in amazement as the two managers went for it. It remains the only time I've seen both managers dismissed. It was reported a second brawl started in the tunnel.

Sources at Crawley suggested Billy later said his only regret was that he didn't hit Steve Evans harder...
I’m sure I remember Billy relating that tale on one of his visits to Champion Hill, beaming like a Cheshire Cat as he did so.

Im not surprised. Very few if any of the current club staff would have known of Billy’s connection to the club though if they’d been reading here. I did tag the club into a personal tribute so that they might be aware but seems that hasn’t been picked up.

Im not surprised. Very few if any of the current club staff would have known of Billy’s connection to the club though if they’d been reading here. I did tag the club into a personal tribute so that they might be aware but seems that hasn’t been picked up.
They have fucking ignored it, shambles.

Managed to put waffle up about squad update......

Back
Top Bottom