Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Big Dancefloor Tunes of 2022, anyone?

Fantastic Man has had 2... well, fantastic... EPs out this year. Could've picked a few of the tracks but Gondwana Dance probably edges it as my favourite.

4 DnB tunes that really drop

jungle revive style

Regenerate aka the rattlesnake :D

smashes a system this one - dancehall energy

feeling this one - rough with the smooth elements, a proper producer collaboration each bringing their own trademark element - tuff drum drop

Last edited:
probably the most Kwality tune i picked up in 2022 - not sure i'll ever get to play this out, needs the right crowd right time - wonderful record, the kind they just dont make any more (well thankfully Louie Vega and Josh Milan do)

Hah, I was just about to start a 2023 thread with a joke about 2022 being a "fallow year" for this recurring thread. You've spoiled my joke now, OU, but I'll share some tunes (from 2022) on here anyway :thumbs:

I was on a big Detroit jazzy house / broken beat / boogie tip last year. Loads of amazing stuff from Mother Tongue Records came out, including this at the end of the year

And Dego continues to release amazing tunes every few weeks. Becoming a favourite producer of mine (I know I'm v late on this!)

Malik Alston is another one whose tunes I mostly buy on sight now

I also bought this lovely Detroit-sounding techno EP by Mark Hand, and then found out he's from Middlesbrough of all places. I guess it's a bit like Detroit. At least, the bad bits of Detroit. Not much musical heritage in the Boro!

Theo released a remix of a tune he's been playing in his sets for years. The remix is a typical twisted jazz workout. I prefer the original, though.

Scan 7 continue to release good stuff, though this didn't get played as much as their other recent releases by me.

This is a great slab of poppy funk. Festival bait?

Hah, I was just about to start a 2023 thread with a joke about 2022 being a "fallow year" for this recurring thread. You've spoiled my joke now, OU, but I'll share some tunes (from 2022) on here anyway :thumbs:

I was on a big Detroit jazzy house / broken beat / boogie tip last year. Loads of amazing stuff from Mother Tongue Records came out, including this at the end of the year

And Dego continues to release amazing tunes every few weeks. Becoming a favourite producer of mine (I know I'm v late on this!)

Malik Alston is another one whose tunes I mostly buy on sight now

I also bought this lovely Detroit-sounding techno EP by Mark Hand, and then found out he's from Middlesbrough of all places. I guess it's a bit like Detroit. At least, the bad bits of Detroit. Not much musical heritage in the Boro!

oh yes! lovely music
post some more fez

This was a close run in for best release of the year for me. Unfortunately I haven't bought the vinyl yet as it's so expensive (due to shipping from Chicago). I've rinsed the digi though and it's serious stuff.

On a slightly tougher side, this bit of dark, dubby techno is ace. Apparently it's an anonymous "Detroit veteran". I think it sounds a bit like Shake...

edit: Not Shake, as another release of his as this promo blurb "Mistress Recordings welcomes Surrogate, the new project of a US veteran producer and DJ from Detroit who was releasing under primarily one name with little deviation in the last 20 years."

Opolopo doing his thing and turning amazing tunes into dancefloor magic. This is a few years old now, but only got released this year.

His best remix since 1960 What?

Upstairs Asylum continues to be one of those labels where you can guarantee every release is going to be amazing. The latest from Aaakmael is lovely

Really interesting 4 track EP this - 160 bpm all tracks - defintiley in the jungle / jungle techno style but innovative on all tracks. I dont usually like tunes the deviate too from the traditional methods but this works for me
crisp produciton too

start with track 1 - plays track 4 first for some reason which is the weakest IMO

Back
Top Bottom