Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Biden's Cabinet Picks: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Yuwipi Woman

Whack-A-Mole Queen
With all the other things going on in the news, we've really neglected to notice who Biden is picking for his cabinet. There's a couple of really good choices, some pretty standard corporate picks, and then the really ugly picks:

Here's a general list:

Biden's Cabinet picks: View the list - CNNPolitics

One of his better choices was Deb Haaland for Interior Secretary. She's going to have her hands full dealing with all the corporate interests Biden nominated around her.

Biden to tap Deb Haaland as first Native American interior secretary - CNNPolitics

The cherry on top is Merrick Garland. I laughed when I heard that as its plainly a thumb in the eye of Mitch McConnell.

Meet the Cabinet: Merrick Garland is Biden’s pick for attorney general (nbcnews.com)

In many ways, it looks like a return to the status quo. I'm sure it will feel like a relief for a while, but it still doesn't fix any of the issues facing the US as we move forward from Trump. What's really worrying is that Biden is going to roll into office without a single appointee being confirmed.

Last edited:
As predicted the awful Pete Buttigieg has been appropriately rewarded for dropping out and endorsing sleepy Joe.

Also noted that Rhode Island Governor Gina Raimondo - who’s attacked unions, workers pensions, loves Blair style ‘public-private partnership’ and who had been accused of steering public money into hedge funds - has been made Commerce Secretary. Warmly applauded by Bloomberg.

But everyone is more interested in Trump....

As predicted the awful Pete Buttigieg has been appropriately rewarded for dropping out and endorsing sleepy Joe.
Because I mostly read and rarely watch the news I have been pronouncing his name 'butty-geeg' for the last year or so. Was very disappointed with the actual pronunciation.

Mind you, I had been pronouncing Joe Biden's surname to rhyme with Eden since 2008.

Pity poor John major who has seen this idea snatched from his government and credit awarded to Blair just as Blair grabbed the glory from the good Friday agreement for which major had done much of the heavy lifting

Wasn't it Thatcher who introduced CCT, then Major who refined matters with 'Best Value' before New Labour moved things to a new level with PFI/PPP?

In that sense the glory for the school meals provision really should lie with Maggie...

Wasn't it Thatcher who introduced CCT, then Major who refined matters with 'Best Value' before New Labour moved things to a new level with PFI/PPP?

In that sense the glory for the school meals provision really should lie with Maggie...
Pfi 1992 when I hear major was pm

And if you don't see the difference between cct and pfi you need more than a trip to specsavers

Illuminate me. As I understand it CCT/Best Value were the first steps in parceling public services up for sell off.
I can't illuminate you. I can shine a torch in your face but I can't make you see. And anyone as cavalier as the facts as you with your unsourced claims on killings in Brum or your insistence against the facts that pfi Blair's baby isn't imo really up to get to grips with this. Start a thread on it as I don't want to piss all over this one

I can't illuminate you. I can shine a torch in your face but I can't make you see. And anyone as cavalier as the facts as you with your unsourced claims on killings in Brum or your insistence against the facts that pfi Blair's baby isn't imo really up to get to grips with this. Start a thread on it as I don't want to piss all over this one

‘unsourced claims on killings in Brum’ Are you dredging up a debate/row from years ago about knife crime? On a thread about Biden’s cabinet?

Not a cabinet pick, but a very good choice for the for an energy post:

Navajo woman chosen to head US Indian Energy (indiancountrytoday.com)

It looks like she has a good understanding of the issues of providing services on reservations. Wow. Appointing people who actually understand what they're dealing with. What a concept. I hope they can give her a better budget to work with. Eight million is pocket change. The Trump administration reduced it from 22 million. Twenty-two million is also pocket change. It should be more like $50 or $100 million to put a dent in the problem.

Back
Top Bottom