Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best Wii games?

MrCurry

right after this urgent rest
Those of you with Wii’s - what do you like to play? I’m not talking about what games do kids love, I mean what has decent game play to keep a grown up interested? Looking mainly for something I can play 2 player with my wife.

We got our first Wii just after Christmas (about ten years after the rest of the world). So far enjoying Mario & Sonic at London 2012 Olympics, Wii sports and Wii beach games. I’ve had a recommendation of Wii Party from someone. What else should we be shopping for on eBay?

Not hacked currently - is it hard to do?

Not overly, but it's probably not for the faint hearted.

Thanks cybershot - looks a bit involved, but probably worth trying just because Wii’s are so inexpensive now that even if it went wrong, how much would it cost - £25 for a new console? You can spend that on one game with shipping to where I am.

I’ll have to come back and read those links again when I’ve got my thinking head on, because I started to lose the ability to read once I got deeper into the first link..!

Thanks cybershot - looks a bit involved, but probably worth trying just because Wii’s are so inexpensive now that even if it went wrong, how much would it cost - £25 for a new console? You can spend that on one game with shipping to where I am.

I’ll have to come back and read those links again when I’ve got my thinking head on, because I started to lose the ability to read once I got deeper into the first link..!

If you're happy to throw money at it you can usually pick them up on eBay pre-hacked for about £40. Homebrew and/or softmod I think is usually the keyword in the item description. Maybe then just re-sell the unhacked one!

You just need to supply your own USB drive with the games on. Which is further effort as the disc needs to be in a format the Wii understands, but again, am happy to just copy everything from mine to save anyone the trouble if they supply the drive.

Thanks cybershot - I’ll plod my way through reading the necessary links and will wait until I have a working HB Wii before I trouble you for a copy of any games. Since I’m not in UK, sharing cloud drive links might work better than physical post.

Back
Top Bottom