Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best time to book an easyjet flight

rubbershoes

not the only raver in the village
Planning on going to Copenhagen next July to watch the start of the Tour de France.

Return flights are currently about £180.
Are easyjet likely to release cheaper ones or is this likely to be as good as it gets

Planning on going to Copenhagen next July to watch the start of the Tour de France.

Are easyjet likely to release cheaper ones or is this likely to be as good as it gets
In my experience it's worth watching, they do come down, but there's an optimal time to buy.

I remember reading an article years ago that the day and even the time of day you do the search can bring up different costs.

If you have access to a VPN (computer speak) and can pretend you’re in the country you’re coming back from you can sometimes get cheaper ‘return’ tickets that way because their computer thinks you’re flying out. As generally the return flight is more expensive than the out flight! So this involves buying two singles! But this was years ago, covid and all sorts of other stuff have probably changed it.
Bahnhof Strasse may be you’re best bet for professional answer to this question.

I think around three months before is normally best, generalising greatly from a pre-pandemic world. For short-haul I probably wouldn’t consider buying until at least six months beforehand, unless there was some kind of deal available below historical prices.

I remember reading an article years ago that the day and even the time of day you do the search can bring up different costs.

If you have access to a VPN (computer speak) and can pretend you’re in the country you’re coming back from you can sometimes get cheaper ‘return’ tickets that way because their computer thinks you’re flying out. As generally the return flight is more expensive than the out flight! So this involves buying two singles! But this was years ago, covid and all sorts of other stuff have probably changed it.
Bahnhof Strasse may be you’re best bet for professional answer to this question.

Have heard this a lot, and also if you have looked previously it ups the price a little and so on. In pre-Covid times I book around 5 Easyjet flights each day and have never noticed that.

Not sure where rubbershoes is starting from but it only takes 54 hours to cycle there from London according to Google Maps, which is probably more in the spirit of thing and also avoids the carbon emission of watching on TV or online.
Good point - he's got no excuse for flying to watch some people riding bikes. If he's not up for a 54 hour cycle ride, then he can watch people riding bikes locally - it's all the same at the end of the day.

Oh, as to the OP, book early, will nearly always be the cheapest, but once booked don’t check again. Once and only once has a flight I had booked been cheaper closer to departure, Norwegian Air Gatwick to Palma, £30 cheaper than I had booked 8 months earlier. It must happen from time to time, but I would never rely on that as some kind of strategy. If you are happy with the price, book it.

Oh, as to the OP, book early, will nearly always be the cheapest, but once booked don’t check again. Once and only once has a flight I had booked been cheaper closer to departure, Norwegian Air Gatwick to Palma, £30 cheaper than I had booked 8 months earlier. It must happen from time to time, but I would never rely on that as some kind of strategy. If you are happy with the price, book it.
It'd be even cheaper for rubbershoes to walk - with a pedalo journey across the Channel. Plenty of time to get to Copenhagen if he sets off now.

If you look what day they’re being released on and swoop as soon as they’re released you can get a right bargain. I set my alarm for every hour from Midnight and it’s totally worth it.

Back
Top Bottom