Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Best sites for booking hotels? / Amsterdam hotel recommendations?

Kuso

drinking like george best, gettin less women
Hey

So off to Amsterdam for a week in June- a wee bit of a look around & starting to think about what needs done for moving there (for another thread...).

I'm trying to find us a hotel to stay in but people keep telling me about different sites I should check out but I always forget what they're called. So come on Urbs- lemme have it!

Also, we're thinking of staying somewhere REALLY nice on the first night we go, somewhere we can get a massage, there's a sauna, jacuzzi, pool n all that. I said I'd pay the extra as her birthday present, but it needs to still be reasonable. Any ideas on this?

Also, do things like laterooms.com and stuff work? Like if we leave booking our first night's hotel until a day or two before is there actually a chance of getting some plush suite or something for next to nothing?

I have stayed at Park Plaza Vondelpark a couple of times and have no complaints it isn't posh posh at all , so probably wouldn't do for your first night but it's more than adequate for the rest of the time... it overlooks the park ,which means you get a pleasant 20 minutes stroll through it to get to the square.And I think I have booked it through last minute.com or laterooms.com before.

Also, do things like laterooms.com and stuff work?

Sometimes, sometimes not.

And it's worth making direct contact with the hotel to make sure they have actually got your booking - one time I booked via Laterooms, and turned up and they were not expecting me. Fortunately they had rooms available, and all that remained was arguing about whether I had to pay standard price or what I'd booked it for...

See to be honest, that's a lil out of our price range... Staying in the westcord fashion hotel- got a cracking deal. 95 quid for the night, with breakfast.

Then can't remember the other place but it's got a private bathroom, 2 beds, is close to everything and breakfast was included for less than that for three nights after then staying with friends in an apartment they've rented for the weekend and they don't want any cash. Get in!

looking for somewhere for at least a week in the southern suburbs/Haarlem, starting this monday, air bnb is winning so far but it is still pretty expensive so thought I would ask here in case anyone has a spare room in amsterdam they want to let out for a bit.

ALRIGHT THANKS. my tip for going from london is the rail and sail thing, train and then overnight ferry with a Cabin! works out cheaper than flying when you factor in trains to the airport + a nights accommodation.... and you arrive in the morning feeling fresh rather than full of rage.

For a bit of poshness (though I'm some sort of 'special member' with discounts despite never using them hardly at all)

Hotels.com - hotels in Amsterdam, Netherlands

Also, for Amsterdam, always used to stay in what WAS the Hotel Winston but seems to have morphed into a club too now.

BOOK NOW - St Christopher's Inns

No idea about the St Christophers thing. Or the club thing. Used to be a gay-run hotel with excellent rooms and flats opposite. In Warmoesstraat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom