Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Beers of 2015

BrewDog's (evil as they are) "Hop Fiction" is good.

Currently sat by the River Kennet in the sunshine with the first of hopefully several pints of Siren Craft's "Half Mast" session IPA. It's only 2.8% so I move onto their stronger bottled stuff, they do a fucking great red IPA. A local brewery well worth trying if you ever see any of their stuff.

:)

Was in France this weekend, went to Carrefour in Calais and bought some of this stuff - "Affligem" biere blonde - €13 for 20 x 250ml bottles, 6.7% and very nice indeed :thumbs:

IMG_20150928_184757.jpg

Was in France this weekend, went to Carrefour in Calais and bought some of this stuff - "Affligem" biere blonde - €13 for 20 x 250ml bottles, 6.7% and very nice indeed :thumbs:

View attachment 77319
Yeah. That is nice. Wonder how long till the Belgian stuff makes a big comeback here?

Drinking a pint of Sierra Nevada's "festival bier" right now. It's nice. But a touch sweet for me and I'm not sure it's nice enough to justify continued drinking at 6% and £5.50 a pop.

There's Beavertown's "Quelle" in cans and bottles of Brooklyn's 1/2 Ale in the fridge behind the bar if I can bring myself to pay the outrageous mark up.

Decisions, decisions.

Eta: Actually we've £50 in quiz winnings behind the bar tonight, so it's all on the landlord anyhow!

Yeah. That is nice. Wonder how long till the Belgian stuff makes a big comeback here?

Drinking a pint of Sierra Nevada's "festival bier" right now. It's nice. But a touch sweet for me and I'm not sure it's nice enough to justify continued drinking at 6% and £5.50 a pop.

There's Beavertown's "Quelle" in cans and bottles of Brooklyn's 1/2 Ale in the fridge behind the bar if I can bring myself to pay the outrageous mark up.

Decisions, decisions.

Eta: Actually we've £50 in quiz winnings behind the bar tonight, so it's all on the landlord anyhow!
The range of beers in Carrefour was incredible, shelves and shelves of obscure continental bottled beers, good prices too

Siren Craft brew another winner:

Dinner_For_Six-1436622947.png

Very, very nice "Viennese IPA".

!

According to the people at Beers of Europe, their sales of Belgian ordinary, Abbey and pseudo-Abbey Beers have been accelerating away for a couple of years now. Even Lidl did a Leffe offer (750ml bottles of Leffe Gold) earlier this year.

Here in the land of beer, I recently enjoyed a nice bottle of Zwick'l Kellerbier. Very nice dark layered beer.

I like nothing better than a decent pint, ie Tim Taylor's Landlord, Sambrook's Wandle, Harvey's Best Etc.
I found this in a local supermarket yesterday, delicious. A good, light, refreshing summery beer, which slips down very easily. Just hope I can find
it on my hol's tomorrow St. Stefanus
BTW the bottle is a good chunky bottle :thumbs:

st-stefanus-blonde-33cl.jpg

Christ, I see the market is still flooded with overly-hopped IPAs and shite imitations of Belgian blondes.

Nice to see darker beers coming to the fore. Sodding Nigerian Guinness has been bumped up in price at my offie. Bloody gentrification.

Red Ale season is upon us. Lovely, lovely creamy red ale.

I've had two so far. Red Fox from Fullers, which is excellent, and then last night the single best beer I've had this year: Revolutions Red. 6% abv but smooth as silk. I had four just to make sure I was right about it.

Top tip for you UK foreign beer fans watch the euro to £ exchange rate and buy from companies with websites that are based in the main euro zone.

Has to be main eurozone as then duty is paid in the country of origin otherwise you'll get hit with UK duty + a £15-£20 fee for the Courier paying that fee.

You can get a crate delivered for far less than buying it in the UK. Same goes for spirits or wine.

Plus the selection..... oh the selection..... did I say the selection?

These are my Christmas beers
St Feuillien Grand Cru - 75 CL
Pauwel Kwak - 75 CL
Karmeliet Tripel - 75 CL

Cost me under £14 for the 3 shipped from Holland where as it's £3-4 for a 33 cl bottle in this country.

Back
Top Bottom