Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Barry Norman has shuttled of this mortal reel

tim

EXPLODED TIM! (Help me!!!)
The celestial clapper board has made the final cut, so why not get some picked onions in for the wake

pickled-onions-from-film-critic-norman-taste-test-review-400.jpg

Met him once. About 10 years ago. He seemed to be game for any work going. On that occasion it was an interactive DVD game (remember those?) based on movies, of course.

I always wonder if he regretted jumping ship from the BBC to Sky. The 'Film...' series carried on but his Sky career was short lived. I wonder if he made much from his pickled onion line?

Gutted when he 'retired' from tv. Saw him host a few Q&As at the BFI over the years.

Best ever Film presenter....

I think Barry, Alex Cox and Mark Cousins are the holy trinity of film thinkers in the UK...

I remember him and his film reviews fondly. He was one of the only people Spitting Image portrayed without any trace of cruelty. And why not?
I still think of the BBC film programme as Film 8- , despite Jonathan Ross and others who succeeded him.

My mum once went on a date with him, but only cos her friend was indisposed.

After the Oscars "RIP" bit back in the early 00s, he once said "A bit cruel, showing all those dead people to young Hayley Joel Osment". Which I thought was pretty funny.

I always made a point if possible to watch Barry Norman on Film ' '
I liked his presentation and depth of knowledge, he always seemed to be really happy in his work.
One of the BBC greats.
Thanks Barry.
RIP.

I think I pretty much disagreed with him on everything :p

his onions were pretty good though - hope they keep making them.

Back
Top Bottom