Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Barcelona - places to visit, things to see, photos, top tips and chat

DJ Bigga

Mentally Dishevelled
Right, I'm sitting in my apartment with Mrs Bigga and we got a fair idea of what we're gonna do here 'til Saturday. What I want to know is, does anyone else know Barcelona and have any reccomendations on what we should deffo not miss?

Cheers :cool:

Climb up that hill and then climb the church at the top of the hill, then climb up the spire of the church at the top of the hill and admire the amazing view of a truely great city.

Then turn around and see Jesus standing over your shoulder.

I came back yesterday from yet another Barca weekend

C A R N A V A L ! ! !

if there is a place in Europe that knows how to enjoy itself more I`ve yet to go there .

me too - end of march a gang of us are flying to monpellier, picking up motorbikes at the airport then heading off through the mountains to Barcelona, its going to be awesome!

Dubversion said:
i asked for and was refused a barcelona sticky, and even offered to do the combining.
I take it back!

If you'd like to add a bit of an intro/overview, I'll combine it with TeeJays big list and make it a sticky!

Obviously the Picasso museum

The old quarter has a great tattoist there (danish I think)

Sagrada DO not miss ever if you go to Barca

parc guelle (i think it is) Anything Gaudi! basically

and just for sheer entertainment value go into a sushi bar without speaking spanish or japanese. Do know what you'll get and niether do they! great fun!!

editor said:
I take it back!

If you'd like to add a bit of an intro/overview, I'll combine it with TeeJays big list and make it a sticky!

i really don't have time at the moment, and no internet at home.

i'll do it eventually if nobody else can be arsed.

"Pipas Club" Placa Real :cool:
Good place for a late drink, with good music.
It is up stairs in the corner of the square. in Placa Real, just off the ramblas.
Like someones front room, chilled, local and difficult to spot if you don't know it.

Orang Utan said:
Don't forget the Sonar threads too
Well link to them then! :rolleyes:

It took me a fair while to do all those links in that post and I haven't even been abroad for about three years! How about you put a bit even a minimal amount of effort in? :confused:

For anyone going to Barca for Sonar this website is well worth bookmarking

Krass Sonar

Closer to the time they'll include a huge list of the parties going on.

TeeJay said:
Well link to them then! :rolleyes:

It took me a fair while to do all those links in that post and I haven't even been abroad for about three years! How about you put a bit even a minimal amount of effort in? :confused:
Nah, can't be bothered :p

for all those of you who think of barcelona as being a cool cosmpolitan city, where alternative society if not encouraged is tolerated, i suggest a slight think again. the latest set of laws from the generalitat, aimed at attracting the richer higher spending tourist and businessman is endeavouring to move the alternative culture out. squats are being shut down, graffiti basically outlawed and tonight the police have decdied to come down hard on the youth who wanted to celebrate their youth by having a drink on the street.

Barcelona in my heart

Barcelona is one of my favourite cities in this great continent of Europa, the Catalans are fantastic people once you get to know them properly and most of all Catalunya is one beautiful place.

I travelled to Barcelona on Monarch airlines from Manchester for the wonderfully obscene price of £65.00 return. It takes one hour and fifty minutes to fly there and I must say that flying over the Pyrenees Mountains is a beautiful experience, especially when the plane is descending through the clouds edging further and further towards Barcelona. On arrival at Barcelona where the security is terribly lax, to get to the city centre you can get the taxi or the train. I got the train for two euros twenty from the station that is part of the airport complex and it's heavily signposted.

The train takes about half an hour and is enjoyable enough. The train emerges into the metro system so it takes you to the heart of Barcelona's centre, the Placa de Catalunya. I stayed in a hostal just east of the square on via Laietana. The Hostal Fontanella is a great place to stay with excellent service by all of the workers there. The rooms are noisy due to the traffic of Via Laietana but great if you want to get up in the morning and get out and about. Who needs an alarm clock when the Catalan taxi service are on strike and honking their horns in protest for three hours from 9 'til 12 for two days in a row.

Barcelona's metro service is a bit like London's underground; it is not as hellish as Rome's but still subterranean and dirty. There are five lines, all are colour coded and each end of the line is named so only the thickest person can really get lost on them. The tickets are dirt-cheap and there is available a ticket for six euros that allows for ten metro journeys with no time limit. In London they charge you two pounds from one stop to the next, so the value is exceptional.

<editor: snip. The poster appears to have lifted a ton of text from this site: http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/national-parks-international/barcelona-1/434578/ and then added links to his own site>

don't get the train from the airport at the moment it's being rebuilt and is in chaos. stick with the airport bus, a little bit more expensive but more reliable and takes you to pl. catalunya as well.
they are busy rebuilding the beaches for everyone who wants to sunbathe whilst out here and the icecream stands have popped up on the streetsides.

Arrived at stansted a couple of hours back now - plan was to fly to montpellier, pick up some hired motorbikes and ride through the mountains and into Barcelona! Now sat in Wood Green due to a strike across France - taking a flight straight to Barcelona at about 1730 tonight, no ride through the mountains and a hefty flight ticket - no flights through ryana+r and now going through East+et, costing about £280 notes return, gutted!!!!

Go to Camp Nou, home of the Gooner-conquerors. If you like football, get a ticket. It's easy, cheap, and they only sell out for Madrid games or massive Champions League fixtures. If you don't go, you're not really a football fan.

And f you're not a football fan, go anyway. There's a tour of the stadium if there's no game on...

Back
Top Bottom