Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Athens - discussion, news, photos and travel tips

baldrick

hmmmmm
Going for Xmas/new year for ten days. A friend is lending us their apartment so accommodation is sorted.

Want to do the obvious highlights in the city and my friend has given us a good list of things to do in Athens but also maybe thinking of going to Delphi or somewhere else interesting. Don't want to do too much travel. Thought about going to one of the national parks or maybe Parnassus.

Any thoughts?

My best friend has invited me over to see her so I will watch this thread eagerly! I never go on planes so quite excited just at that bit!

For me one of the most memorable highlights of Athens is the food there. Feta, lamb, salad, everything I ate was incredibly good. I long to return.

Its quite dodgy at the moment apparently. Lots of theft and praying on tourists. Inevitable consequence of brutal austerity.

Ive met a couple of people whove been pickpocketed or robbed there this year. Some were savvy travelers who had been to central/south America too.

Im sure itll be awesome but just trust your instincts and dont take all your cash/cards out in your wallet etc. Just mentioning this negative as better to be safe than sorry.

Someone tried to pickpocket me when I was living there in 2016. Watch out around Omonia square.

I’ll be there again in a few weeks. Looking forward to it.

Some photos

exarchia-athens-night-02.jpg

exarchia-athens-night-09.jpg

exarchia-athens-night-19.jpg

exarchia-athens-night-22.jpg

exarchia-athens-night-30.jpg

In photos: Exarchia, Athens at night – street scenes, bars, street art and rooftop views

Back
Top Bottom