Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Anyone into aquascaping?

Been a bit of an obsession of mine since lockdown, from minimalist Iwagumi, under high light, high fert and injected CO2.

Iwagumi although simple in composition, it is all about placement of the Rocks to create tension. I spent about 4 weeks moving rocks but about 1cm and considering the change before I introduced water plants, fish much later.

This is right by my desk so if work is stressing me out I have some perfect zen to stare into.

1705104687140.jpeg

1705105053783.jpeg

Main Jungle tank, again with the high ferts ( I mix my own from the raw chemical salts) and CO2 injection.

1705104820879.png

Low tech grow out tank here... Slow growing plants on minimal light and fertiliser. This one is my grow out tank for any breeding projects I have going.

1705104927354.png

Last edited:
For me, the proximity of a tank of water that close to expensive electronic goods is anxiety inducing and not at all relaxing, having once had an aquarium leak!

Other than that, it looks great.

I’ve got a model of the Millennium Falcon in my goldfish tank. Does that count?

Not at home right now so can’t post a picture.

I got a bit obsessed with researching it a few years ago when I saw some Takasha Amano stuff. Then I realised I don't have the disciple/patience/artistic flair to pull it off, so I never bothered. I still have dreams about having something like this:

1705109216600.png

Although I'm less into the trees, and more into the long grass-looking things. I saw a really cool one that I can't find now - probably another Amano, but not sure - it looked like the Windows XP wallpaper. Very minimal. Just a slight 'hill' and lots of long, beautiful grass. And a few tiny fish like the one above. It looked unbelievably beautiful in its simplicity. I bet it took a lot of work, though.

Yes, that's the iwagumi style as in my first tank. Minimalist and all about zen rock placement!

Amano is the Grandfather of Modern aquascaping really, his legacy lives on.

For me, the proximity of a tank of water that close to expensive electronic goods is anxiety inducing and not at all relaxing, having once had an aquarium leak!

Other than that, it looks great.

I have actually had two leaks in tanks over the past few years, everything is slightly angled away from electronic and I have wifi leak detectors to give me warning as soon as is it happened if anything were to go wrong...

Back
Top Bottom