Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Any picture framers on Urban?

We've got a couple of large prints that need framing. I'd like to give the work to someone here if possible. Otherwise, any recommendations (preferably North/West London but not essential)?
My Mum frames her own pictures & just goes to somewhere that sells cheap prints (Wilko or some other home furnishing shop) to get the right size frame & glass. She does normally cut her own mounts though.
Often get large cheapish paintings in charity shops. Cheaper than buying blank frames.

Four Corners framing on Harrow Road, W9, was good, although I haven't been there for a few years.

Cheers for this. I went to see Paul, at Four Corners this morning. Lovely fella who clearly knows his game and gave me a fair price. He's rammed with work at the moment so might not get it back until after xmas but that actually suits us as we're decorating the room it's going into. :thumbs:

Doing picture framing properly is definitely a black art.

I can make a reasonable fist at it, especially if I'm reusing an existing frame or mount, but I tend to patronise a "local" professional if it is something really important or an unusual size ...

Back
Top Bottom