Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Android stolen. Are my passwords at risk?

David Clapson

Phone stolen three days ago. It was PIN protected and I used the find-my-phone thing to lock it within an hour. Also reported it stolen and put the IMEI on the police report. It was a Samsung Note 10. The filth said that if it couldn't be hacked it would be broken up for parts. It was linked to my Chrome account in all the usual ways. Will the crooks be able to get at my Chrome passwords? My ebay, Amazon, gmail and Paypal accounts have not been hijacked. Yet. Every important account has a unique password.

Phone stolen three days ago. It was PIN protected and I used the find-my-phone thing to lock it within an hour. Also reported it stolen and put the IMEI on the police report. It was a Samsung Note 10. The filth said that if it couldn't be hacked it would be broken up for parts. It was linked to my Chrome account in all the usual ways. Will the crooks be able to get at my Chrome passwords? My ebay, Amazon, gmail and Paypal accounts have not been hijacked. Yet. Every important account has a unique password.

I'd change the passwords just for peace of mind personally.

Probably ok, depends if your finger leaves constant marks on your screen making it obvious what keys are involved in your pin code. I assume the lock out thing wipes it anyway like it does with Apple?

I'd probably change anything key/financial anyway.

I probably should change the important passwords. I left my phone on a bus about 4 years ago and my ebay account was hijacked. Someone was trying to sell expensive Apple products at irresistible prices.

Back
Top Bottom