Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

amazon tips thread

Free supersaver delivery if you spend more than 20 quid can often be next day delivery, in some cases invariably so, but you have to learn the pattern from your local fulfilment centre. For example if I order something on Saturday it will be delivered on Sunday, and that’s without paying either the standard delivery fee, the next day delivery fee, or subscribing to Prime.

i've meant to see how i could share audible audio books with a friend but never got round to looking. but it's very easy - How to Share an Audible Book with a Friend (for free!)
I don't use audible. I presume you have to listen through an app rather than a downloaded MP3 or whatever. Would it be possible to use something like Audacity to rip it to MP3 so you can share with the world rather than one select friend? It would also save that friend from having to download the app and become another data point for Amazon

I don't use audible. I presume you have to listen through an app rather than a downloaded MP3 or whatever. Would it be possible to use something like Audacity to rip it to MP3 so you can share with the world rather than one select friend? It would also save that friend from having to download the app and become another data point for Amazon

No, Audible content uses DRM and encryption.

a quick search suggests it should be possible to convert audible files to mp3 (see for example here): i'll work on that this weekend as there's loads i want to share with a friend

Right, I have a problem with Amazon and I wonder if any of you can help.

• Mother in Law has a Kindle Fire tablet that she reads on
  • It was linked to her deceased husband's account - we don't have the password for this and can't reset this as we can't access his email account either
  • I am trying to set her up with a new Amazon account
  • She has an email address
  • She does not have a mobile number
  • I've just been told that having a mobile number is mandatory to register
  • We can't use our mobile numbers as they are already linked to existing accounts
  • If you use one of these numbers during registration it allows you to receive the first OTP code and then informs you that this number is already in use with an existing account and fucks you off
Has anyone had a similar issue and got around it?
I really don't want to have to go down the buying a new SIM route for this purpose.

Back
Top Bottom